M4 slip on question. - ZX6R Forum
 8Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 Old 04-04-2019, 10:16 PM Thread Starter
Squid
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 61
M4 slip on question.

Is the ebay m4 slip on a replica or legit? Is like $320? Does it usually cost more?
Benjiquattro is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 25 Old 04-04-2019, 10:21 PM Thread Starter
Squid
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 61
This one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190405-002036_1554438057961.png
Views:	45
Size:	241.2 KB
ID:	93432  

Benjiquattro is offline  
post #3 of 25 Old 04-04-2019, 11:12 PM
Post Master General
 
Scorpi0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: LA, Cali
Posts: 12,465

I Ride: 06 636
The price seems on point. I dont think thats a fake or a replica.
Scorpi0 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 25 Old 04-05-2019, 01:55 AM Thread Starter
Squid
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpi0 View Post
The price seems on point. I dont think thats a fake or a replica.
Yeah i figured it wasn't but i was not sure. What looks better the carbon one or the flat black one? I like both so open for suggestions.
Benjiquattro is offline  
post #5 of 25 Old 04-05-2019, 06:17 AM
Squid
 
HemiDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: New York
Posts: 23

I Ride: 2018 Suzuki GSXR 1000R.........2019 Ninja ZX6R 636
Garage
For more aggressive sound and a bit more performance gain go with the flat black GP slip on (also available in titanium).
M4 has the dyno #'s on their website.

2018 GSXR 1000R
2019 ZX6R 636
2016 392 Scat Pack Charger
2018 Dodge Demon
2019 Wide Body Scat Pack Challenger (6 speed manual)
HemiDave is offline  
post #6 of 25 Old 04-05-2019, 07:02 PM Thread Starter
Squid
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiDave View Post
For more aggressive sound and a bit more performance gain go with the flat black GP slip on (also available in titanium).
M4 has the dyno #'s on their website.
Oh so they are different huh? I thought it was just looks.
Benjiquattro is offline  
post #7 of 25 Old 04-05-2019, 09:48 PM
MotoGP Champion
 
Gawernator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Brentwood, CA
Posts: 2,910

I Ride: 2015 ZX-6R; 1999 KX125; 2003 YZ450F SM
Garage
Slip on exhaust is mostly for looks so Id get that bling carbon fiber

AFM #725 Thanks to my 2019 Sponsors:
JPH Suspension | AXO Racing | Armour Bodies | | EVLUTION Nutrition | Galfer | Motion Pro | MOTUL | Matrix Racing Concepts | ODI Grips | OGIO | Shorai Inc. | Vortex | Woodcraft | Wicked Audio
http://www.gawerracing.com
Gawernator is offline  
post #8 of 25 Old 04-05-2019, 10:37 PM
Squid
 
HemiDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: New York
Posts: 23

I Ride: 2018 Suzuki GSXR 1000R.........2019 Ninja ZX6R 636
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjiquattro View Post
Oh so they are different huh? I thought it was just looks.
They are different indeed.....

2018 GSXR 1000R
2019 ZX6R 636
2016 392 Scat Pack Charger
2018 Dodge Demon
2019 Wide Body Scat Pack Challenger (6 speed manual)
HemiDave is offline  
post #9 of 25 Old 04-06-2019, 01:11 AM Thread Starter
Squid
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 61
Alright i see. One last question so today i took off my oem muffler to clean the bike better from dirt and grime and started it for shits and giggles and it sounds amazing. I took it on a ride and love thes sound it made. Cat is still there just the big ass muffler. Can i run it like that until i buy the slip on? Since cat is still there i believe i still have back pressure?
Benjiquattro is offline  
post #10 of 25 Old 04-06-2019, 03:27 AM
MotoGP Champion
 
Gawernator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Brentwood, CA
Posts: 2,910

I Ride: 2015 ZX-6R; 1999 KX125; 2003 YZ450F SM
Garage
You should have a muffler. Also, wow, your neighbors must hate you. No muffler is probably well over 103+ dB ....
Scorpi0, RJ2112, jd41 and 1 others like this.

AFM #725 Thanks to my 2019 Sponsors:
JPH Suspension | AXO Racing | Armour Bodies | | EVLUTION Nutrition | Galfer | Motion Pro | MOTUL | Matrix Racing Concepts | ODI Grips | OGIO | Shorai Inc. | Vortex | Woodcraft | Wicked Audio
http://www.gawerracing.com
Gawernator is offline  
post #11 of 25 Old 04-06-2019, 05:12 AM
Post Master General
 
RJ2112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bowling Green, VA
Posts: 12,375

I Ride: '09 ZX6R
Garage
^^^ gotta go with Gawernator on this one.

My '09 had the M4 GP slip on installed when I bought it. Sounds great at idle. Shrieks at full throttle, and is very, very loud. Like you can be heard from (quite literally) miles away. This means you are always on the LEOs RADAR. They can hear you coming from so far away, they have plenty of time to put down the doughnut, fold up their papers, figure out which way you're coming from , and get the RADAR gun out.

With the aforementioned irritation you will surely cause your neighbors -- who won't hesitate to call the LEOs and complain -- you are quite likely to find yourself with a significant detriment to enjoying your bike.

That M4 GP got me in front of a judge with a 'fix it' ticket, the second or third time the local LEOs pulled me over and got tired of giving me warnings about the noise. With a security clearance, I can't really afford to have negative press. I swapped out the M4 for an OEM complete exhaust, and have been hammering the bike nearly daily for the past 6 years. Not. One. Ticket. Not pulled over, since I went back to the OEM setup.

I can pin the throttle in any gear, without fear of getting the attention I do not desire. I can easily carry 15-20+ the posted limit, and not get a second look from any officer I pass. This has been the case, for 6+ years.

There are probably exhausts out there that can find that happy medium; no muffler at all, or a shorty muffler with a foot of glass pack on a straight through path is a cosmetic thing. Not a muffler, at all. A straight through glass pack design needs to be a couple of feet long, to have time to knock off the worst of the offending noise. The shorter the can, the more the high pitched, raspy part of the noise comes through. You don't really annoy people at idle..... it's when you run at some RPM that it gets obnoxious.

That M4 was stupid loud at anything over ~ 4K RPM. When the bike runs at freeway speed at ~6K, that means it's stupid loud all the time it's not idling. Hearing damaging, loud.

Do as you please; just expect that there will be a majority of people in your vicinity who do not appreciate your choices.
jd41 and Gawernator like this.

"Basic stuff fellas. Use your head for something other than to break your next fall."

Words to live by
RJ2112 is online now  
post #12 of 25 Old 04-06-2019, 02:32 PM Thread Starter
Squid
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ2112 View Post
^^^ gotta go with Gawernator on this one.

My '09 had the M4 GP slip on installed when I bought it. Sounds great at idle. Shrieks at full throttle, and is very, very loud. Like you can be heard from (quite literally) miles away. This means you are always on the LEOs RADAR. They can hear you coming from so far away, they have plenty of time to put down the doughnut, fold up their papers, figure out which way you're coming from , and get the RADAR gun out.

With the aforementioned irritation you will surely cause your neighbors -- who won't hesitate to call the LEOs and complain -- you are quite likely to find yourself with a significant detriment to enjoying your bike.

That M4 GP got me in front of a judge with a 'fix it' ticket, the second or third time the local LEOs pulled me over and got tired of giving me warnings about the noise. With a security clearance, I can't really afford to have negative press. I swapped out the M4 for an OEM complete exhaust, and have been hammering the bike nearly daily for the past 6 years. Not. One. Ticket. Not pulled over, since I went back to the OEM setup.

I can pin the throttle in any gear, without fear of getting the attention I do not desire. I can easily carry 15-20+ the posted limit, and not get a second look from any officer I pass. This has been the case, for 6+ years.

There are probably exhausts out there that can find that happy medium; no muffler at all, or a shorty muffler with a foot of glass pack on a straight through path is a cosmetic thing. Not a muffler, at all. A straight through glass pack design needs to be a couple of feet long, to have time to knock off the worst of the offending noise. The shorter the can, the more the high pitched, raspy part of the noise comes through. You don't really annoy people at idle..... it's when you run at some RPM that it gets obnoxious.

That M4 was stupid loud at anything over ~ 4K RPM. When the bike runs at freeway speed at ~6K, that means it's stupid loud all the time it's not idling. Hearing damaging, loud.

Do as you please; just expect that there will be a majority of people in your vicinity who do not appreciate your choices.
I'm In florida man no one cares how loud something really is lol. Plus i have no neighbors i have my own land. All i got to hear me are snake, racoons ansd opposums 🔇🔇 all i asked for negative effects with no muffler until i get the slip on. Is easier to install it then putting everything back together. I still have my cat is not that loud. Is not straight pieped just no muffler i want to know if i can run it like that per say 2 months at max?
Benjiquattro is offline  
post #13 of 25 Old 04-06-2019, 02:52 PM
Post Master General
 
RJ2112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bowling Green, VA
Posts: 12,375

I Ride: '09 ZX6R
Garage
I would have to say you are unlikely to damage the motor so long as the cat is still in the header. That's where the first reflection occurs that is the back pressure. The bike may run more lean than it already is, and that can cause burnt valves..... the ECU measures airflow into the motor and applies the fuel according to that by the mapping. As far as I know that means the change in restriction out back isn't going to affect the basic fueling delivered.

If the only place you ride the bike is on your own property, and you have a couple of miles of space between you and any neighbors, have at it. I don't think that's very likely.
Gawernator likes this.

"Basic stuff fellas. Use your head for something other than to break your next fall."

Words to live by
RJ2112 is online now  
post #14 of 25 Old 04-06-2019, 05:41 PM Thread Starter
Squid
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ2112 View Post
I would have to say you are unlikely to damage the motor so long as the cat is still in the header. That's where the first reflection occurs that is the back pressure. The bike may run more lean than it already is, and that can cause burnt valves..... the ECU measures airflow into the motor and applies the fuel according to that by the mapping. As far as I know that means the change in restriction out back isn't going to affect the basic fueling delivered.

If the only place you ride the bike is on your own property, and you have a couple of miles of space between you and any neighbors, have at it. I don't think that's very likely.
No i ride my bike anywhere and i will get the slip on. Just right now i don't have funds to buy the slip on i want. So once i put my m4 will i need to tune it or will i be fine just plug and play and ride? I'm still new to motorcyles so the more info i get the better.
Benjiquattro is offline  
post #15 of 25 Old 04-06-2019, 06:06 PM
MotoGP Champion
 
Gawernator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Brentwood, CA
Posts: 2,910

I Ride: 2015 ZX-6R; 1999 KX125; 2003 YZ450F SM
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjiquattro View Post
No i ride my bike anywhere and i will get the slip on. Just right now i don't have funds to buy the slip on i want. So once i put my m4 will i need to tune it or will i be fine just plug and play and ride? I'm still new to motorcyles so the more info i get the better.
You will only need tuning if you change the full exhaust system. I don't think the bike is going to run well with NO muffler on stock tuning but up to you. Not to mention the hearing damage
jd41 likes this.

AFM #725 Thanks to my 2019 Sponsors:
JPH Suspension | AXO Racing | Armour Bodies | | EVLUTION Nutrition | Galfer | Motion Pro | MOTUL | Matrix Racing Concepts | ODI Grips | OGIO | Shorai Inc. | Vortex | Woodcraft | Wicked Audio
http://www.gawerracing.com
Gawernator is offline  
Reply

  ZX6R Forum > ZX6R Forum > The ZX6R

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question regarding grips Drunkula Motorcycle Talk 16 06-29-2012 09:22 AM
09/10 Slip On Exhaust Options Brody The ZX6R 14 04-04-2011 10:07 PM
a quick question? reaper636 Motorcycle Talk 5 04-03-2011 01:12 AM
rear tire mounting question!! blazenorange Motorcycle Talk 22 11-24-2010 03:48 PM
Is there a sound difference between akra slip on and akra full exhaust system? ninja03 The ZX6R 21 11-06-2009 08:41 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome