Do cheaper 2019 zx6r drop value of pre 2019s? - ZX6R Forum
 27Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 Old 03-25-2019, 03:36 AM Thread Starter
Squid
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: rochester ny
Posts: 43
Do cheaper 2019 zx6r drop value of pre 2019s?

I bought my 2013 brand new MSRP was 12k or so, but with the new ABS model at 11k does that drop the value of the 13-18 zx6r?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
ianwelch001 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 20 Old 03-25-2019, 04:50 AM
Pro Racer
 
Newyork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 663

I Ride: 2012 zx6r, 2007 gsxr 750
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianwelch001 View Post
I bought my 2013 brand new MSRP was 12k or so, but with the new ABS model at 11k does that drop the value of the 13-18 zx6r?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk


I donít think thatís the case. IMO The 13-18 Zx6r still holds its value relative to what is was before the price of the 19 was released. Youíre in NY where bikes are more $ anyway so youíre good lol.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 2018 ZX6R of the Month
Newyork is offline  
post #3 of 20 Old 03-25-2019, 11:17 AM
Pro Racer
 
madmax31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Long Beach, CA.
Posts: 678

I Ride: 2013 ZX6R, 2009 ZX6R Track
I was wondering about this as well. I was told by a stealership that it did drop the value, but I figured they say that for obvious reasons.
madmax31 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 20 Old 03-25-2019, 11:25 AM
MotoGP Champion
 
Gawernator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Brentwood, CA
Posts: 2,829

I Ride: 2015 ZX-6R; 1999 KX125; 2002 BMW R1150RT
Garage
Sportbikes depreciate so quickly that I donít think it matters. After 2+ years the bike is already worth half retail practically

Watchdog Armory Racing AFM #725 Thanks to my 2018 Sponsors:
JPH Suspension | AXO Racing | Armour Bodies | | EVLUTION Nutrition | Forcefield Armor | Galfer | Motion Pro | MOTUL | Matrix Racing Concepts | ODI Grips | OGIO | Shorai Inc. | Vortex | Woodcraft | Wicked Audio
http://www.gawerracing.com
Gawernator is offline  
post #5 of 20 Old 03-25-2019, 07:18 PM
Director of Moderation
 
sbk1198's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Virginia
Posts: 8,874

I Ride: '09 ZX6R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawernator View Post
Sportbikes depreciate so quickly that I donít think it matters. After 2+ years the bike is already worth half retail practically
Tell that the all the guys selling 2017 R6's with a few bolt-ons and are asking like $12k for them

2007 ZZR600 (sold)
2006 CBR600 (sold)
2010 1198 (parted out across North America)
2013 CBR500R (sold)
2009 ZX6R (parted out across North America)
2015 R3 (race bike)

April 2016 and April 2017 6OTM winner!
sbk1198 is offline  
post #6 of 20 Old 03-25-2019, 07:35 PM
Post Master General
 
RJ2112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bowling Green, VA
Posts: 11,559

I Ride: '09 ZX6R
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianwelch001 View Post
I bought my 2013 brand new MSRP was 12k or so, but with the new ABS model at 11k does that drop the value of the 13-18 zx6r?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Your 6 year old bike is worth whatever you're willing to sell it for. No more, no less. My '09 with 52K miles isn't going to ever sell for what it is worth to me.

It's paid for, and I know the mechanic who maintains it personally. He works pretty cheap

Don't waste your time worrying about intangibles. If you're looking to sell, or looking to trade it in you'll be disappointed in what you'll be offered.
ZedExMuse and Gawernator like this.

"Basic stuff fellas. Use your head for something other than to break your next fall."
RJ2112 is offline  
post #7 of 20 Old 03-25-2019, 08:06 PM
Superbike Champion
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 896
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbk1198 View Post
Tell that the all the guys selling 2017 R6's with a few bolt-ons and are asking like $12k for them
Yeah ... but thatís an R6! I remember when I bought my zx6r I was surprised at how much more expensive an equivalent model year R6 or CBR600 was.... I thought the zx6r was the 600cc - class sport bike with the best value available at the time (least expensive when new).
Gawernator likes this.

Last edited by Duc995; 03-25-2019 at 09:32 PM.
Duc995 is online now  
post #8 of 20 Old 03-25-2019, 09:12 PM
Team Green
 
mmattockx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Central Alberta, Canada
Posts: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newyork View Post
I donít think thatís the case. IMO The 13-18 Zx6r still holds its value relative to what is was before the price of the 19 was released.
There is no way that a newer, cheaper model doesn't affect the price of used bikes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by sbk1198 View Post
Tell that the all the guys selling 2017 R6's with a few bolt-ons and are asking like $12k for them
They may be asking that, but the real question is what are they actually selling for?


Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ2112 View Post
Your 6 year old bike is worth whatever you're willing to sell it for. No more, no less.
I would say it is worth what someone will pay for it, nothing more. It may be worth more than that to you, but the market will not necessarily agree with your valuation. I agree OP should not worry about it and just go enjoy his bike.


Mark
RJ2112, WildCard and KawasakiBrad like this.

1998 ZX6R
2005 KTM 450EXC
1982 GS1100E
mmattockx is offline  
post #9 of 20 Old 03-25-2019, 11:47 PM
Post Master General
 
laggy311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Pepperidge Farm
Posts: 8,672

I Ride: Dirty
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianwelch001 View Post
I bought my 2013 brand new MSRP was 12k or so, but with the new ABS model at 11k does that drop the value of the 13-18 zx6r?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Yeah. Prior generations become a touch cheaper because there's less demand. I don't think it affect 13-18 as much as 09-12...
Gawernator likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard View Post
Well, that's gayer than two dudes fucking in a miata while crew licks their assholes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard View Post
Yo momma so fat, Thanos had to snap twice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalcrew View Post
@riverszzr You let me know how girly my knuckles are when I slip em past your anus bub.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurbineTech View Post
You can't not partake in the 23 flavors once thou hast suckled from the teat of the big gulp.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbk1198 View Post
Sitzpinklers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ey3l45h View Post
That thread is gayer than cum on a mustache
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpi0 View Post
I dont like to read. I just have opinions and assume theyre correct.
laggy311 is online now  
post #10 of 20 Old 03-26-2019, 03:13 AM
MotoGP Champion
 
Gawernator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Brentwood, CA
Posts: 2,829

I Ride: 2015 ZX-6R; 1999 KX125; 2002 BMW R1150RT
Garage
Lol yeah people think R6 and R6 parts are made of gold. Itís hilarious. I kinda like the undervalued zx6r market. You get so much more per $.
Otto Man, ZedExMuse and WildCard like this.

Watchdog Armory Racing AFM #725 Thanks to my 2018 Sponsors:
JPH Suspension | AXO Racing | Armour Bodies | | EVLUTION Nutrition | Forcefield Armor | Galfer | Motion Pro | MOTUL | Matrix Racing Concepts | ODI Grips | OGIO | Shorai Inc. | Vortex | Woodcraft | Wicked Audio
http://www.gawerracing.com
Gawernator is offline  
post #11 of 20 Old 03-26-2019, 06:06 AM
Track Star
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NOVA
Posts: 448

I Ride: '12 ZX6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawernator View Post
Lol yeah people think R6 and R6 parts are made of gold. Itís hilarious. I kinda like the undervalued zx6r market. You get so much more per $.
I said this before...bang for buck, the ZX6 (even the 07-08, but especially the 09-12) is the best platform on the market. Extremely capable platform. Jason Farrell (Farrell Performance), who has held multiple lap records on both ZX6's and ZX10's, told me it took him 2 years on the '13+ platform to dial it in enough to beat his PB's on his 2012 bike. Even then, it wasn't some ground breaking increase (A tenth or hundredth of a second). Lets be real, anyone lapping within 5 seconds of a lap record is flying to begin with...let alone if you're the one that set the record to begin with.

Like any platform, it's got it's quirks, but any bike has that. A good friend of mine from the endurance team was livid when at one of the endurance races last year, couldn't beat his lap time on his personal R6 that he set riding the ZX6 endurance bike....
jd41, Gawernator, Newyork and 2 others like this.

WERA Expert #37
N2 Track Days Control Rider
'12 ZX6 - 3 Marines Racing Endurance Team Bike
'07 ZX6
Sportbike Track Gear
Woodcraft
Andrew Swenson Design
N2 Track Days
It is always those that use their brakes the least that want to upgrade them the most.
Otto Man is offline  
post #12 of 20 Old 03-26-2019, 08:29 AM
Director of Moderation
 
sbk1198's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Virginia
Posts: 8,874

I Ride: '09 ZX6R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc995 View Post
Yeah ... but thatís an R6! I remember when I bought my zx6r I was surprised at how much more expensive an equivalent model year R6 or CBR600 was.... I thought the zx6r was the 600cc - class sport bike with the best value available at the time (least expensive when new).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawernator View Post
Lol yeah people think R6 and R6 parts are made of gold. Itís hilarious. I kinda like the undervalued zx6r market. You get so much more per $.
I know right?! I don't get it. I'm still seeing like 9-10 year old R6 race bikes for sale and people are asking around $7000-9000 for them and they're nothing special, mostly just bolt-ons. I bought my '09 ZX6R in '16 which had low miles on and over $8000 worth of aftermarket parts on it for only $4000.

Engines...I see supersport R6 engines for sale for like $2500 or more and owners claiming only about 122-125 hp. Nothing spectacular, since it's a SS. I sold my ZX6R engine for $700 (granted it was stock, but still...) and even that took like 5-6 months to sell.

I agree that the ZX6R is the best bang for the buck in the 600 class. The GSXR might be about the same or slightly cheaper, but then you also lose a lot of respect from people for being a GSXR owner
Gawernator and WildCard like this.

2007 ZZR600 (sold)
2006 CBR600 (sold)
2010 1198 (parted out across North America)
2013 CBR500R (sold)
2009 ZX6R (parted out across North America)
2015 R3 (race bike)

April 2016 and April 2017 6OTM winner!
sbk1198 is offline  
post #13 of 20 Old 03-26-2019, 08:36 AM
Director of Moderation
 
sbk1198's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Virginia
Posts: 8,874

I Ride: '09 ZX6R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Man View Post
I said this before...bang for buck, the ZX6 (even the 07-08, but especially the 09-12) is the best platform on the market. Extremely capable platform. Jason Farrell (Farrell Performance), who has held multiple lap records on both ZX6's and ZX10's, told me it took him 2 years on the '13+ platform to dial it in enough to beat his PB's on his 2012 bike. Even then, it wasn't some ground breaking increase (A tenth or hundredth of a second). Lets be real, anyone lapping within 5 seconds of a lap record is flying to begin with...let alone if you're the one that set the record to begin with.

Like any platform, it's got it's quirks, but any bike has that. A good friend of mine from the endurance team was livid when at one of the endurance races last year, couldn't beat his lap time on his personal R6 that he set riding the ZX6 endurance bike....
I know I'm about to get called a bitch, but I'm gonna say it anyway. The thing that appeals to me about the newer ZX6Rs and newer R6s is simply the TC and whatever other electronic aids they come with. I'm paranoid of high sides, and having TC eliminates this mental block I have of getting on the gas hard coming out of turns. I had it on my old Ducati which was a torque monster, twice the torque of a 600, and it was awesome to be able to smash on the throttle out of turns and let the TC do its thing.

That's the only reason I don't really want to get another '09-'12 gen ZX6 or an R6 older than 2017. But all the newer R6s and ZX6R's are still too expensive.
Gawernator likes this.

2007 ZZR600 (sold)
2006 CBR600 (sold)
2010 1198 (parted out across North America)
2013 CBR500R (sold)
2009 ZX6R (parted out across North America)
2015 R3 (race bike)

April 2016 and April 2017 6OTM winner!
sbk1198 is offline  
post #14 of 20 Old 03-26-2019, 10:19 AM
Track Star
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NOVA
Posts: 448

I Ride: '12 ZX6
Sounds like someone is being a baby backed biiitttttccccccc-.....

I stopped myself!

But for real, you're not alone on that. Nobody wants to go out and high side themselves to the moon. The electronics on the 600's (any brand) aren't at the level of the big bikes. The R1...man, traction control, slide control...that adjusts with the lean angle of the bike, wheelie control...that's the bees knees. And I still see a lot of rear tire related crashes on those...call it rider error, or bike settings error...crashing is crashing.

The stuff on the new 600's is just meh at best, so I'm just left with "What am I really gaining?" Better than nothing, hell yeah, but it's far from a fail safe. I would almost argue that having it would provide a false sense of security unless it's a truly advanced setup (The Panigale V4S has some electronics that are straight up legit!)
Gawernator and sbk1198 like this.

WERA Expert #37
N2 Track Days Control Rider
'12 ZX6 - 3 Marines Racing Endurance Team Bike
'07 ZX6
Sportbike Track Gear
Woodcraft
Andrew Swenson Design
N2 Track Days
It is always those that use their brakes the least that want to upgrade them the most.
Otto Man is offline  
post #15 of 20 Old 03-26-2019, 03:16 PM
Pro Racer
 
Newyork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 663

I Ride: 2012 zx6r, 2007 gsxr 750
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Man View Post
Sounds like someone is being a baby backed biiitttttccccccc-.....



I stopped myself!



But for real, you're not alone on that. Nobody wants to go out and high side themselves to the moon. The electronics on the 600's (any brand) aren't at the level of the big bikes. The R1...man, traction control, slide control...that adjusts with the lean angle of the bike, wheelie control...that's the bees knees. And I still see a lot of rear tire related crashes on those...call it rider error, or bike settings error...crashing is crashing.



The stuff on the new 600's is just meh at best, so I'm just left with "What am I really gaining?" Better than nothing, hell yeah, but it's far from a fail safe. I would almost argue that having it would provide a false sense of security unless it's a truly advanced setup (The Panigale V4S has some electronics that are straight up legit!)


Good information here, thanks for sharing that. How does the TC on the new bikes compare to a Bazzaz TC you think? I have it on my gsxr 750 track bike. It set up on the dyno by Anthony at Bauce but I donít remember what it entailed.
Iíve never felt it kick in, and Iím not sure I want to...



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 2018 ZX6R of the Month
Newyork is offline  
Reply

  ZX6R Forum > ZX6R Forum > The ZX6R

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2019 ZX6R w/ ABS HOW MUCH SHOULD I PAY!? Scott Jaco The ZX6R 61 06-24-2019 06:16 PM
2019 Kawasaki zx6r installed brother exhaust, after entering the gear position, pinch kaixin912 The ZX6R 10 02-22-2019 08:52 PM
2019 Kawasaki zx6r installed brother exhaust, after entering the gear position, pinch kaixin912 Mechanical and Technical 0 02-16-2019 01:37 AM
2019 Kawasaki zx6r installed brother exhaust, after the file is locked, pinch the clu kaixin912 Mechanical and Technical 0 02-16-2019 01:33 AM
2019 ZX6r on the way? MrZ The ZX6R 18 08-15-2018 02:36 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome