Do cheaper 2019 zx6r drop value of pre 2019s? - Page 2 - ZX6R Forum
 27Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 20 Old 03-26-2019, 09:14 PM
MotoGP Champion
 
Gawernator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Brentwood, CA
Posts: 2,842

I Ride: 2015 ZX-6R; 1999 KX125; 2003 YZ450F SM
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbk1198 View Post
I know I'm about to get called a bitch, but I'm gonna say it anyway. The thing that appeals to me about the newer ZX6Rs and newer R6s is simply the TC and whatever other electronic aids they come with. I'm paranoid of high sides, and having TC eliminates this mental block I have of getting on the gas hard coming out of turns. I had it on my old Ducati which was a torque monster, twice the torque of a 600, and it was awesome to be able to smash on the throttle out of turns and let the TC do its thing.

That's the only reason I don't really want to get another '09-'12 gen ZX6 or an R6 older than 2017. But all the newer R6s and ZX6R's are still too expensive.
I disabled my TC. Itís way too intrusive to go fast tbh ..... I do want to edit the maps eventually

AFM #725 Thanks to my 2019 Sponsors:
JPH Suspension | AXO Racing | Armour Bodies | | EVLUTION Nutrition | Galfer | Motion Pro | MOTUL | Matrix Racing Concepts | ODI Grips | OGIO | Shorai Inc. | Vortex | Woodcraft | Wicked Audio
http://www.gawerracing.com
Gawernator is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 20 Old 03-27-2019, 07:18 AM
Director of Moderation
 
sbk1198's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Virginia
Posts: 9,017

I Ride: '09 ZX6R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawernator View Post
I disabled my TC. Itís way too intrusive to go fast tbh ..... I do want to edit the maps eventually
Even on the lowest setting?? You can actually feel it?
Gawernator likes this.

2007 ZZR600 (sold)
2006 CBR600 (sold)
2010 1198 (parted out across North America)
2013 CBR500R (sold)
2009 ZX6R (parted out across North America)
2015 R3 (sold)
2018 Ninja 400 (race bike)
2013 RSV4 (race bike)

April 2016 and April 2017 6OTM winner!
sbk1198 is offline  
post #18 of 20 Old 03-27-2019, 10:11 AM
Track Star
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NOVA
Posts: 471

I Ride: '12 ZX6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newyork View Post
Good information here, thanks for sharing that. How does the TC on the new bikes compare to a Bazzaz TC you think? I have it on my gsxr 750 track bike. It set up on the dyno by Anthony at Bauce but I donít remember what it entailed.
Iíve never felt it kick in, and Iím not sure I want to...



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have yet to see an aftermarket TC setup that I've been impressed with (Including Bazzaz). It is pretty old tech and like Gawernator said, there's a point where it's more detrimental than helpful. That being said, I still believe the factory integrated stuff is a better than the aftermarket stuff. Like anything else, this is largely subjective as everyone has different needs. I would argue there are 2 categories of riders:

1) Those that like the technology to assist them in going as fast as possible (Gawernator and I are in this)
2) Those that just enjoy riding (street/track days) and any kind of additional safety net that would help prevent a crash.

At the end of the day, people in the first category will sacrifice that safety net 99.9% of the time if we find it being too intrusive. The more crude systems can also harshly cut or alter the power delivery - so you go out and race, have pretty good lean angle, then the TC kicks in and upsets the chassis and completely messes up your corner exit drive.

I wouldn't say what's out there is bad, there is just a lot of room left for refinement. What makes the systems like the R1 work so damn good is that it takes in all the data on the bike - throttle position, lean angle, front wheel speed, rear wheel speed, RPM, etc to figure out exactly how much/little intervention to give, where as the Bazzaz just has that little dial (1-8 or something like that) and goes off just RPM or a rear wheel speed/RPM combo
Gawernator and Newyork like this.

WERA Expert #37
N2 Track Days Control Rider
'12 ZX6 - 3 Marines Racing Endurance Team Bike
'07 ZX6
Sportbike Track Gear
Woodcraft
Andrew Swenson Design
N2 Track Days
It is always those that use their brakes the least that want to upgrade them the most.

Last edited by Otto Man; 03-27-2019 at 10:55 AM.
Otto Man is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #19 of 20 Old 03-27-2019, 02:31 PM
MotoGP Champion
 
Gawernator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Brentwood, CA
Posts: 2,842

I Ride: 2015 ZX-6R; 1999 KX125; 2003 YZ450F SM
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbk1198 View Post
Even on the lowest setting?? You can actually feel it?
Oh yeah man. For a while I didnít really know. It was even cutting power a little bit coming out of the pits not letting me wheelie as easily. My exhaust isnít that loud so I couldnít tell as much, but from friends riding around me they could tell the TC was really lighting up, and I can see it on the dash if Iím looking too. I think I would want setting 1 at like 40% sensitivity probably. I have the woolich Racing full package but I donít know how to edit the maps ..

AFM #725 Thanks to my 2019 Sponsors:
JPH Suspension | AXO Racing | Armour Bodies | | EVLUTION Nutrition | Galfer | Motion Pro | MOTUL | Matrix Racing Concepts | ODI Grips | OGIO | Shorai Inc. | Vortex | Woodcraft | Wicked Audio
http://www.gawerracing.com
Gawernator is online now  
post #20 of 20 Old 03-27-2019, 03:58 PM
Director of Moderation
 
sbk1198's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Virginia
Posts: 9,017

I Ride: '09 ZX6R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Man View Post
I have yet to see an aftermarket TC setup that I've been impressed with (Including Bazzaz). It is pretty old tech and like Gawernator said, there's a point where it's more detrimental than helpful. That being said, I still believe the factory integrated stuff is a better than the aftermarket stuff. Like anything else, this is largely subjective as everyone has different needs. I would argue there are 2 categories of riders:

1) Those that like the technology to assist them in going as fast as possible (Gawernator and I are in this)
2) Those that just enjoy riding (street/track days) and any kind of additional safety net that would help prevent a crash.

At the end of the day, people in the first category will sacrifice that safety net 99.9% of the time if we find it being too intrusive. The more crude systems can also harshly cut or alter the power delivery - so you go out and race, have pretty good lean angle, then the TC kicks in and upsets the chassis and completely messes up your corner exit drive.

I wouldn't say what's out there is bad, there is just a lot of room left for refinement. What makes the systems like the R1 work so damn good is that it takes in all the data on the bike - throttle position, lean angle, front wheel speed, rear wheel speed, RPM, etc to figure out exactly how much/little intervention to give, where as the Bazzaz just has that little dial (1-8 or something like that) and goes off just RPM or a rear wheel speed/RPM combo
Years ago I did a lot of reading on the Bazzaz system and I concluded their TC is garbage. I don't recall all the details of how it works but it seemed pretty primitive, something about change in RPM, nothing with wheel sensors.

The Nemesis TC system I had on my Ducati was top notch though. There was a reason it retailed for $2500 not $600-700 or whatever the Bazzaz was. It had sensors on the wheels it worked by measuring the change in the rear wheel speed relative to the front, while also taking the lean angle into consideration, that way you could still do a wheelie, but when you were at full lean it would kick in when you got on the gas really hard. It had 8 settings, but realistically for a racer settings 1 or 2 were about all that was needed. In the rain maybe you'd want to go up to like 4-5, but I never tried that. Of course that system was developed at least 10 years ago. At the time it was the best system available for people to buy, and there weren't any OEM systems except for the ones used in MotoGP and WSBK, not available to the rest of us. Nowadays, all the modern liter bikes come with better and more refined systems.

I do remember one track day where I forgot to check my belly pan and it was full of water from the night before, and the first session in the morning, the first turn I hit (fast one, about 80 mph turn), the water poured all over the rear tire and it went sideways on me. TC light up like a christmas tree and I'm 100% confident that if it wasn't for it, I would've highsided to the moon! lol Kept me in check though, just a butt-pucker moment.
Gawernator likes this.

2007 ZZR600 (sold)
2006 CBR600 (sold)
2010 1198 (parted out across North America)
2013 CBR500R (sold)
2009 ZX6R (parted out across North America)
2015 R3 (sold)
2018 Ninja 400 (race bike)
2013 RSV4 (race bike)

April 2016 and April 2017 6OTM winner!
sbk1198 is offline  
Reply

  ZX6R Forum > ZX6R Forum > The ZX6R

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2019 ZX6R w/ ABS HOW MUCH SHOULD I PAY!? Scott Jaco The ZX6R 62 07-23-2019 01:06 AM
2019 Kawasaki zx6r installed brother exhaust, after entering the gear position, pinch kaixin912 The ZX6R 10 02-22-2019 08:52 PM
2019 Kawasaki zx6r installed brother exhaust, after entering the gear position, pinch kaixin912 Mechanical and Technical 0 02-16-2019 01:37 AM
2019 Kawasaki zx6r installed brother exhaust, after the file is locked, pinch the clu kaixin912 Mechanical and Technical 0 02-16-2019 01:33 AM
2019 ZX6r on the way? MrZ The ZX6R 18 08-15-2018 02:36 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome