Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the main diffrent between this bikes?
I have a 1999 ZXR and my neighbour has an 1998 ZZR.
they both look the same...

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
I used to be a ZZR fangirl so I'm a little confused on why you think they look the same. The ZX6R is a sports bike and the ZZR is a sports tourer. They kind of blurred this difference though with the release of the 2005 ZZR which was a ZX6R re-incarnation. The power difference is quite noticeable, too. I used to own a 2003 ZZR600 and they are great bikes but a little on the porky side! The ZZR also comes in a 250, 400, 600, 1100, 1200 and more recently the 1400. I'm assuming you mean the ZZR600?

Stolen from bikepics. Thanks bikepics!

98 ZZR600

99 ZX6R

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no.. hes bike look just like mine (exept the color) and his bike is registreted as zzr and mine is an zxr.. his insurance is much lower than mine.. hmm..

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Ha! Well lucky him! The ZZR can also be called the ZX600E but I've never heard of it the other way around. Might wanna ask him what his secret is!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
he has just bought it.. hi didnt know that it wasnt the same bike as mine..

·
Registered
1 Posts
The only real differance i heard was the Power and Performance..... and i do know some zx6-r were actually a 636cc instead of the 599cc. and i could be wrong but i think the zzr is a sport bike and the zxr is considered a super sport bike. that could be the reason for the insurance differance. because i want to get a ZX-R because it is a better bike for me with the added Power and Performance

·
Registered
87 Posts
i'd say someones cocked something up along the way with your mates ZX6R... either intentionally or unintentionally...

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Are you sure his is a '98 and not an 08?
The last zzr600 sold in the US looked like this:

It's similar to your 99 ZX6r, which should look something like this:

The main differences are the top fairing, swingarm, forks, clocks and a few other bits and bobs. They look very similar, especially from behind.

·
Registered
379 Posts
the bikes that are almost the same are the zzr 2005 and newer (has not changed yet as far as i know) and the zx6r from 2000 or 2001 not sure, bot those do look VERY similar, i cant tell diference, but models that u are saying are not that similar

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
the bikes that are almost the same are the zzr 2005 and newer (has not changed yet as far as i know) and the zx6r from 2000 or 2001 not sure
Yeah, the ZZR is just a J model ZX6r. The Js were sold from 00-01
but models that u are saying are not that similar
The J/ZZR is an evolution of the G, which was made from 98-99.
Have a close look at the photos above, you'll see they share frame (though slightly different headstock), subframe, tail section, tank, lower fairings, most of the engine (I think there was a difference with the ignition), brakes and a hell of a lot more. They're probably more than 80% the same, the only obvious difference to look at is the top fairing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts