Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all just bought a zx6r2001 just wondering what model it woukld be j1?? and any help with any possible peroblems to look out 4?? only been riding a week so all the help i can get the better!!
many thanks kev:)

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
This should help you with the designation Kev.

Welcome to the Zone! Pics?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Kevr=

Mine is a j2, done about 8/9k miles and serviced regualry by previous owner.

Mine is booked in for this Thursday to get full complete service, oil change, filter, air filter, sparks, cambs.

I bought the parts myself from ebay as saved a bit as the garages like to mark up on parts and not always fit the best but more what is on offer to them.

My J2 is slightly noisy from the top end of engine, but im ensured by garage this is normal in a J2 needing a service and the above service would sort that no troubles.

I also bought a scot-oiler from ebay as well when buying the stuff, so after reading the instructions over and over ill prob end up challenging these guys to ensure i cut/modify the correct air/hydrolic line.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my j2 is doing the same only bought it on monday 2100 on the clock but when shes idleing soung rattley at the top of the engine tock her to main dealer and they told me thats normall! still a bit warey mind but when shes riding shes fine, 1 owner and never been service has been in dry storage for the last 18 months.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I got mine full serviced, took 4hours, i supplied parts, ie oil/air filter, spark plugs and they supplied oil,and few simple small parts.

The top end is slightly quieter, performance is slightly better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts