Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2008 zx6r, i put new spark plugs in my bike. Buddy of mine says i should put iridiums or something like that in it that has more spark and burns hotter. Advice? My bike stinks like gas, not horrible but u can smell it. This was a cheap option i was willing to try for now. I google searched my bikes plugs and went with the exact stock ones. Let me no what yall think. I appreciate any advice or past experiences. Really if i aint riden im on here lkn to improve and spoil my bike.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Stolen from another thread from RJ...
No change of spark plug will make any noticeable increase in power….. the only improvement that you can realistically get, is going to a more durable spark plug. Iridium tipped plugs withstand the combustion process longer than standard plugs, so you could choose to change plugs less often without sacrificing power.

OEM plugs, air filter, oil filter, and quite a few other service items all come due at a similar time/mileage…. Take the body work off once, and do it all at the same time or take off what you have to for each as it comes due. If you pay someone else to do the work, doing more things at the same time is less expensive overall.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts