Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

I sold my zx6r this past weekend, and bought a Triumph Speed Triple. The ST just much better suits my style of riding... I will miss the red zx6r - a beautiful and fun bike... and I'll miss the banter here!

Stay safe and have fun!
Martin

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Just because you don't own a 6R doesn't mean you can't stick around! :D

You've bought a fantastic bike, hope you enjoy it!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!! I'll check in from time to time to keep my eye on you! :devious

I hope I found the right bike. The 650r was too small, and the zx6r was too sporty. This one seems "juuuust right"... And having a 1050cc engine doesn't hurt either... So far it's been a blast, can't wait to get it broken in. Gotta do a long ride this coming holiday weekend! (Labor day in the US)

Just because you don't own a 6R doesn't mean you can't stick around! :D

You've bought a fantastic bike, hope you enjoy it!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Wow, what a change. I'm glad you found the "bike for you", but I just curious as to what made you get a ZX6R? That and the Speed Triple are very different bikes.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's a good question. I had a 650r and wanted something a "sportier" and faster. I figured I'd give the zx6r a try - it had excellent handling and get-up. But on the longer rides that I want to do it kills me to be in that position. Plus it's not so comfortable in really heavy traffic either.. But for short weekend rides it was awesome!

Wow, what a change. I'm glad you found the "bike for you", but I just curious as to what made you get a ZX6R? That and the Speed Triple are very different bikes.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
i always wanted a Speed Triple since i saw mission impossible 2 haha

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Was that the bike? Wow! I gotta watch that DVD again.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I LOVE speed triples, been for a few test rides on them, great bike. Loads of torque and actually handle too. Just make sure you get a fly screen fitted though!!!!!!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh as usual, I ordered a flyscreen, bellypan, radiator grille, sliders, pazzo levers, tail eliminator, Rizoma Zero blinkers, CRG bar end mirrors, and some carbon bits (heat shield, frame protector, radiator covers, and heel protectors).... No exhaust of PC3 yet though... hmmmm.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts