Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats Up Guys! So Ive been having some problems with my 09 zx6r , when i take off it seems to sputter / bog alittle, once im rolling it rides fine , but if im on a wheelie and im on high rpms it sputter again. I was told the ECU is from a 13+ and its flashed. Im thinking thats my problem but not 100% sure.
thanks in advanced!

·
Registered
14,145 Posts
If you have the time and money, put the thing on a dyno, so you can get a baseline of what's going on. Otherwise, you'll just be throwing parts at it until it gets better, or you get frustrated.

Before that dyno run, do a tune up on the bike. Set the valves, put in new plugs and filters. Makes sure all of the running gear is in good shape. Chain, sprockets, clutch, tires....suspension. Do a close inspection of the electrical system, looking for loose connections, corrosion inside quick disconnects, and the quality of the connections to chassis ground. Take things apart, and check.

·
Registered
14,145 Posts
It may plug in and could perform most functions.... Should be having issues with the secondary injectors, as '13+ don't have them....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It may plug in and could perform most functions.... Should be having issues with the secondary injectors, as '13+ don't have them....
Thanks for the feedback, im going to try to clean my tank out as i just got a stunt tank that had sealant inside, maybe its clogging up my fuel pump. If that doesnt do it ill just be taking it back to a shop.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts