Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

ZX6R GRAVES “Full Titanium System INSTALLED” !!!

9K views 68 replies 8 participants last post by  tps3443 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone, I originally had the Yoshimura slip-on exhaust for my 2019 ZX6R. I ended up selling my Yoshimura slip-on.

I bought the Graves works 2 titanium/carbon slip-on, and the Graves titanium header. To make this a full Graves titanium Works2 system.

I am going to probably get a dynontune directly on the ECU, or run the Graves map specifically for this exhaust and this year bike.

Headers were $1,105, and slip on is $729.

Total= $1,834 for a full titanium Graves system, that picks up 13+ WHP.

I’m excited to get everything installed. I have the slip-on so far, still waiting on the header before I install everything.

Anyone else running this system? Also, that’s a pic of my bike below. No exhaust on it right now. Just open header. Once the Graves headers arrive, I’ll get everything installed.

Font Electronic device Screenshot Darkness Gesture

Font Screenshot Multimedia Darkness Sky
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

See less See more
#42 ·
Actually, no loss of power due to 212F. That’s not the boiling point inside the cooling system. More like 240-250. Higher temperatures = more pressure = more cooling.

Coolant temperature is not the critical factor; it’s simply the easiest thing to measure. Engine block, cylinder head temps are where metal may hit metal.

#44 ·
Actually, no loss of power due to 212F. That’s not the boiling point inside the cooling system. More like 240-250. Higher temperatures = more pressure = more cooling.

Coolant temperature is not the critical factor; it’s simply the easiest thing to measure. Engine block, cylinder head temps are where metal may hit metal.
Okay that is all very interesting, but I saw a test and they ran a bike on a dyno at 220F-225F temperatures, and it made (10) less HP than it did at 212F.

Running at 212F still showed some power loss compared to cooler temps, but it was really negligible. But this still leads to believe that keeping your engine below 212F will provide maximum performance.

Ever since seeing this comparison video, I have always wanted to stay under such temps. This was years ago when I saw the video, but I can try and find it again if I can.

Also, It don’t think it really matters how efficient something is. I mean, I think having a cooler engine is more important for longevity right?

My home desktop PC is running on a massive external radiator, (2) pumps, and a 1HP waterchiller. it is terribly inefficient with the chiller compressor on. But, it sure does run cool!!!

#45 ·
Thanks for the video! I think I have narrowed it down to the Graves shorty slip on for now with the DNA air filter ECU flash and haven't decided on velocity stacks? Might be a waste with just a slip on? And not sure if I will need the block off plates or not? Going with the shorty because I need to keep the passenger pegs for the wife! ..... How loud is your full system?

Reactions: tps3443
#46 · (Edited)
Any slip-on will keep the passenger foot pegs and block off plates are a waste of time for a slip-on only system IMO. The amount of back firing with a slip-on is minimal and I believe the air induction is advantageous for the catalytic converter.

#47 ·
Graves makes and awesome exhaust and I had that Graves carbon fiber muffler on my 400. Where in NC do you ride? My riding area is between Charlotte, Blowing Rock and Asheville. My favorite roads include 276 from Cleveland to Brevard, Waynesville and of course 226A around Little Switzerland (Diamondback)and 80 outside of Marion (Devils whip).

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

• Love
Reactions: tps3443
#49 · (Edited)
Graves makes and awesome exhaust and I had that Graves carbon fiber muffler on my 400. Where in NC do you ride? My riding area is between Charlotte, Blowing Rock and Asheville. My favorite roads include 276 from Cleveland to Brevard, Waynesville and of course 226A around Little Switzerland (Diamondback)and 80 outside of Marion (Devils whip).

View attachment 111392
Hello, I live in Dunn NC. That’s not far from Raleigh, NC or Fayetteville NC. Charlotte is about 2.5 hours drive.

Nice 400! If I had one, I’d be throwing a Graves on it too lol. I love my exhaust system. It’s so beautiful and great quality!

#50 ·
Just for fun! Here is a photo of the graves headers, with the Graves shorty Slip-on. This photo tempted me in the other direction as well!! I’m the ultimate sucker for Titanium and Carbonfiber stuff lol.

Picture courtesy of Graves Motorsports.

Automotive tire Fuel tank Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Motorcycle

#51 ·
Also, @ON1WHL

Check out this website. They have amazing prices.

If your looking for a good affordable slip-on, they sale the Hindle Carbon Evolution 3/4 slip-on exhaust for like $460.

They also sale a very nice Akropovic full system for $1,418. I considered this my self a couple times. Super nice.

The best thing about them is they support Paypal buy now pay later feature. So, $354 every 2 weeks for that full system.

Be careful though, it’s an alluring way to spend more. And grab a full system now. I bought my exhaust from them. So, they’re 100% legit.

#52 ·
Also, @ON1WHL

Check out this website. They have amazing prices.

If your looking for a good affordable slip-on, they sale the Hindle Carbon Evolution 3/4 slip-on exhaust for like $460.

They also sale a very nice Akropovic full system for $1,418. I considered this my self a couple times. Super nice.

The best thing about them is they support Paypal buy now pay later feature. So, $354 every 2 weeks for that full system.

Be careful though, it’s an alluring way to spend more. And grab a full system now. I bought my exhaust from them. So, they’re 100% legit.

I really like the fact that the Akroapovic has a removable db insert! I would probably never use it but just in case it'd too loud, you have it? I can't tell if that Hindle connects to the header or the resonator? If it has the mid pipe and connects to the headers, that's a heck of a buy! Still haven't decided on brand but going with Cat back exhaust, filter and ECU flash for now as soon as I get paid .

#54 ·
I don't want to derail the thread but it seems we are talking about all things power related at this point. My 2017 came with a PCV and also is flashed by SchnitzRacing. The bike runs well but sometimes won't start properly when warm and has some weird stuttering at low RPMs on occasion. Also smells like it's running pretty rich. Whos the best for a mail in flash tune these days? I have seen Moore and Graves mentioned, I follow Moore on YouTube and he does killer work. I'd like to get my ECU properly flashed and ditch the PCV system.

#57 ·
I used 2wheeldynoworks as well. After I installed the Graves full system, I sent my ECU to them for a reflash. They reflashed, and loaded Graves fuel map parameters.

I’d do away with the PCV for sure.

List your mods to 2wheeldynoworks as well. Plus, they reflash again for free.

#59 ·
How do you do away with the PCV and would it be needed with just a slip on and air filter? Also I take it a servo buddy is not needed with the ECU flash and everything can be removed then?
Also, can you post a video of your system? would love to hear it. It turned out great and is looking awesome!
Thanks!

#60 ·
How do you do away with the PCV and would it be needed with just a slip on and air filter? Also I take it a servo buddy is not needed with the ECU flash and everything can be removed then?
Also, can you post a video of your system? would love to hear it. It turned out great and is looking awesome!
Thanks!
Hey the PCV can mean two things.

PCV as in, “Power Commander V” as a lot of people refer to it as.

or PCV as in running block off plates to block the ZX6R’s air valve system on top of the cylinder head.

If I said doing away with a PCV, I probably meant removing a “Power Commander V”

As for your PCV and needing block off plates, I wouldn’t bother with it. you’ll be just fine. Mine is not blocked off so mine does pop and crackle on decel. I am gonna block it off soon though just because I don’t want to harm my mufflers packing inside of the Graves exhaust can.

My servo buddy is still hooked up, but you won’t need it. So you could leave it, or just unplug it.

As for this Graves Works2 system, it’s so awesome. I really love it. My ZX6R does some nasty power wheelies in 1st gear.

#61 ·
Yep, in my case removing the PCV means the power commander. I'll probably start by removing it and seeing if I can sell it first, then use that money to get my ECU flashed by Moore or one of the others. Moore can add decel pops which I'd love, but they all seem pretty good.

AliExpress has the block off plates for like 12 bucks so I'll pick some of those up as well.

#62 ·
I’m considering a cam regrind, and thinner head gasket as my next performance add on’s.

Cam-regrind is only $380 dollars. And the head gasket is like $40 bucks. Labor is usually $600-$800, and then of course I’d need a dyno tune after.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.