Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
61 - 69 of 69 Posts

· Registered
2017 ZX6R KRT, 2019 GTI
152 Posts
Yep, in my case removing the PCV means the power commander. I'll probably start by removing it and seeing if I can sell it first, then use that money to get my ECU flashed by Moore or one of the others. Moore can add decel pops which I'd love, but they all seem pretty good.

AliExpress has the block off plates for like 12 bucks so I'll pick some of those up as well.

· Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Yep, in my case removing the PCV means the power commander. I'll probably start by removing it and seeing if I can sell it first, then use that money to get my ECU flashed by Moore or one of the others. Moore can add decel pops which I'd love, but they all seem pretty good.

AliExpress has the block off plates for like 12 bucks so I'll pick some of those up as well.
I’m considering a cam regrind, and thinner head gasket as my next performance add on’s.

Cam-regrind is only $380 dollars. And the head gasket is like $40 bucks. Labor is usually $600-$800, and then of course I’d need a dyno tune after.

· Registered
2017 ZX6R KRT, 2019 GTI
152 Posts
I’m considering a cam regrind, and thinner head gasket as my next performance add on’s.

Cam-regrind is only $380 dollars. And the head gasket is like $40 bucks. Labor is usually $600-$800, and then of course I’d need a dyno tune after.
Have you considered just getting a liter bike?

· Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Have you considered just getting a liter bike?
Well, I did sale my GSXR 1000 to buy this ZX6R. So, that would be silly lol. My last (2) bikes were both liter bikes.

I enjoy this 2019 636 much more than any liter bike I have ever owned. Especially how it feels right now.

· Registered
2017 ZX6R KRT, 2019 GTI
152 Posts
Well, I did sale my GSXR 1000 to buy this ZX6R. So, that would be silly lol. My last (2) bikes were both liter bikes.

I enjoy this 2019 636 much more than any liter bike I have ever owned. Especially how it feels right now.
Fair enough. I feel the same way about the 636, most fun bike I have owned.

· Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Fair enough. I feel the same way about the 636, most fun bike I have owned.
Hey, since you have a 2017 I would highly recommend swapping your gearing to the 2019+ gearing, if you have not already.

I believe Kawasaki said it was a 30% gearing reduction.

· Registered
2017 ZX6R KRT, 2019 GTI
152 Posts
Hey, since you have a 2017 I would highly recommend swapping your gearing to the 2019+ gearing, if you have not already.

I believe Kawasaki said it was a 30% gearing reduction.
My bike actually came with a 15t front from the previous owner and I absolutely hated the shorter final drive, I swapped back to a 16t and I'm way happier with it 😂

· Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
My bike actually came with a 15t front from the previous owner and I absolutely hated the shorter final drive, I swapped back to a 16t and I'm way happier with it 😂
It took a while for me to get use to it as well. Seeing is I came from a GSXR1K, that bike had super tall stock gearing. It would do like 105mph+ in 1st gear alone lol. Not even exaggerating.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts