Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
322 Posts
Would this ECU flash enable a stock bike to rev to redline or would all the other mods (Full exhaust and Air filter) be required to achieve it? Debating on having mine flashed before I get all the other stuff down the road next Spring?
An ECU flash does not require other mods but most have at least a slip-on. For a mail in ECU flash service the tuner will ask what mods are present and select the map that most closely matches your setup. I have a slip-on, K&N air filter, and Moore Mafia ECU flash.

The ECU flash will increase the rev limit, disable the 02 sensor, disable the decel fuel cut, decrease fan temp setting, etc.

· Registered
322 Posts
What temp is your fan going on at ? My ECU should be delivered to the flash shop tomorrow.
Mine comes on at 194 using Moore Mafia ECU flashing service.

· Registered
322 Posts
I went with 2 wheel dynoworks. I take it the plug for the o2 sensor is under the tank?
There really is no need to unplug the 02 sensor since the ECU flash will disable the 02 sensor. I did remove the 02 after the Moore ECU flash and there was zero difference. Also, on my 400 I left the 02 sensor in place after the ECU flash because the tuner from SBU said there was no need to remove it.

You can unplug the 02 under the tank, leave it plugged in, or remove the entire 02 and plug the hole. It literally doesn't matter.

· Registered
322 Posts
Thanks for the video! I think I have narrowed it down to the Graves shorty slip on for now with the DNA air filter ECU flash and haven't decided on velocity stacks? Might be a waste with just a slip on? And not sure if I will need the block off plates or not? Going with the shorty because I need to keep the passenger pegs for the wife! ..... How loud is your full system?
Any slip-on will keep the passenger foot pegs and block off plates are a waste of time for a slip-on only system IMO. The amount of back firing with a slip-on is minimal and I believe the air induction is advantageous for the catalytic converter.

· Registered
322 Posts
Graves makes and awesome exhaust and I had that Graves carbon fiber muffler on my 400. Where in NC do you ride? My riding area is between Charlotte, Blowing Rock and Asheville. My favorite roads include 276 from Cleveland to Brevard, Waynesville and of course 226A around Little Switzerland (Diamondback)and 80 outside of Marion (Devils whip).

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

• Love
Reactions: tps3443
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.