Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 05-06 zx6r is doing occasional little backfires when engine breaking since installing a yoshimura RS-5.

Also when cold the idle is a little different, it pulsates a small amount (from 1350RPM to 1000RPM)

What does this mean? running a little lean? Should i purchase a Power commander?

cheers guys,

Dane

·
Registered
6,837 Posts
Hopefully this is not too innapropriate (sp?) but everytime i read your screen name i think of an extremeley premature ejaculation.

Sorry i cant help on the exhaust issue :(

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
lol....that's funny thug

the back firing could be fixed with the clean air mod if im not mistaken...mine backfires a little when im down shifting to a stop and if the idle is low it sounds like it has a mean cam but nothing to major on mine.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hopefully this is not too innapropriate (sp?) but everytime i read your screen name i think of an extremeley premature ejaculation.

Sorry i cant help on the exhaust issue :(
HAHA! its a company i work for... easy to remember haha

·
Registered
6,837 Posts
Well cool, your profile did not say much i was hoping you were not a female because that would of been innapropriate !

·
Registered
6,837 Posts
lol....that's funny thug

the back firing could be fixed with the clean air mod if im not mistaken...mine backfires a little when im down shifting to a stop and if the idle is low it sounds like it has a mean cam but nothing to major on mine.
speaking of this what do you think of a kleenair block off kit. I have only heard about them ?

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
i personally haven't done it but i heard it makes the bike run a lot better if you search there is a list on here somewhere that give the top free mods and what they do ...the kleen air mod is one of them.

here you go i just found it...maybe someone knows if it works on more bikes than whats listed.

http://zx6r.com/zx6r/12748-free-cheap-mods-03-06-636s.html

·
Registered
6,837 Posts

·
Registered
11,985 Posts
a little backfiring is alright. my two bros pipe makes it backfire a bit on decel.

get a fuel management system and it'll keep a lot of the backfiring out. also it will improve your performance. power commander or juicebox are good

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
you any really get the back firing/crackling when you put on a sport pipe cos of the free flowing.. MIne used to do it till i done the kleen air mod and now does it if your high in the revs..

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have a devil exhaust on my bike and it does the same thing, I actually get about a two inch flame burst out of the pipe.

·
Registered
17 Posts
It could just be that's it's not sealed well enough to the pipe and you have a leak. Happened on my Superhawk, got a new gasket and it was fine.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It could just be that's it's not sealed well enough to the pipe and you have a leak. Happened on my Superhawk, got a new gasket and it was fine.
na the gasket is fine, made sure of that, think its running a little leaner, hopefully not too lean

·
Registered
628 Posts
Sounds like the typical lean pop. You roll off the throttle and reduce the fuel while the air box is still under positive pressure. If your tune is tight, maybe a little to the lean side, changing the can leaned it out a bit more. If the temp is cooling off where you are the bike is also going leaner. Put it all together and thats what you have. Shouldn't be an issue though. Check the plugs abd see how they look.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sounds like the typical lean pop. You roll off the throttle and reduce the fuel while the air box is still under positive pressure. If your tune is tight, maybe a little to the lean side, changing the can leaned it out a bit more. If the temp is cooling off where you are the bike is also going leaner. Put it all together and thats what you have. Shouldn't be an issue though. Check the plugs abd see how they look.
thanks mate, seems right, i think i will purchase a PC3 and richen it a little bit. running it as is wont damage it? i dont like the sound it makes when i only put a little throttle on, it "bubbles" so to speak. if i richen it a little will this reduce the "poping" sounds?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts