Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
Is there any reason why a 15 front and 40 rear sprocket set from a 2004 zx6r wouldnt fit on a 2005 ZZR600?

The zzr600 also calls for a 15/40 combo. I am guessing the sprockets would be identical. But if you look up parts, the 2004 zx6r kit doesnt fit the 2005 zzr600..

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Maybe a different bolt pattern, size, or spacing? Could also be a different chain type between different year models (e.g. 520, 530, etc.). Why wouldn't you just order the correct parts for your year model?

However, you can go to a different chain type if you change all sprockets and chain as a set. A lot of people swap out the older 530 chains/sprockets for new 520 chains/sprockets.

Also, welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
13,273 Posts
Those two models use a different engine from one another.... could be an offset issue, or any number of other variables as discussed above. If the guys that designed the thing tell you it won't work, it's usually a lot less effort to take them at their word.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply. I couldn't find the right parts. But I was able to get the chain fixed. Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts