Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.

Hope everyone is doing well.

i wanted get everyone’s opinions on the zx6r and how it handles against indian speed bumps which sometimes are pretty awkward.

considering the bike has only 130mm of ground clearance. Can it be a pain to handle or is it something that you guys have come to live with?

i really love the bike for everything it is and am planning to pick one up soon but this ground clearance keeps worrying me

·
Registered
634 Posts
Hi guys.

i wanted get everyone’s opinions on the zx6r and how it handles against indian speed bumps which sometimes are pretty awkward.

considering the bike has only 130mm of ground clearance. Can it be a pain to handle or is it something that you guys have come to live with?

i really love the bike for everything it is and am planning to pick one up soon but this ground clearance keeps worrying me
Just wheelie over them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,219 Posts
Hi guys.

Are you taking about speed control devices, or poor quality roads?

Speed bumps in the US aren’t all that big of a deal for a sports bike, so along as the speed of approach is low.

Broken pavement and potholes are another matter, as there is so much more variation in them. 100 km/hr and a sharp edged hole deeper than the rubber on the front rim is dangerous as the rim may bend....

·
Registered
2021 Kawasaki ZX6R 636 KRT ABS
120 Posts
Hi guys.

I think you will be fine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Was referring to the speed control devices as highlighted in the video shared above as well.
A doubt related to this was that i can go ahead and change the headers while continuing to run the stock muffler for possible better ground clearance, wanted to understand a little bit more about the effects that it may have on the bike , fueling etc.
Please do share any threads that i can read up on for this part as well

thanks again for the responses 😀

·
Registered
230 Posts
..as long as the distance between your front and rear wheels is shorter than those cars it will be the same experience as the other motorcycles in that city.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts