Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.
Bought my first ninja the other week, she was running rough.

now I havelooked at carbs and notice fuel level was incorrect. (20-50mm below mark in service manuel)

I try to set fuel level, but fuel leaks out of the needle jet’s guide before I can get it to correct fuel level.

NoW the lad gave me a set of spare carbs (gsxr 99… I think srad ) I assume they are swapable I used the rubber diaphragms from this as the other ones was getting perished(from e10 I bet)

so now I need to
#1 remove the needle jet guide

#2 buy a replacement.

so mainly I need help getting it out of the carbs. Atm carbs are together with bowls off. Can the guide be removed with carbs still attached ?

And does another know where I can get replacement guides from?
Also going from left to right what carbs have what size needle ? I notice 2 carbs have thinner needles, as these for the 2 middle carbs ? Or 2 outer ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also just watched video from old forum post. The guy said there’s an o ring that sits inside the needle jet’s guide. Which stops it leaking fuel.

is this correct ? I imagine it a long shot but possibly as bike had e10 it ruined seals.

just need help fromsomeone thathas some this before

·
Registered
9,429 Posts
your ASSumptions are likely wrong!!!!!!!!!!

My bet, the oring around the needle/seat is leaking and flooding the bike or the needle/seats are not actually stopping fuel at that connection point...........

Stupid to try to do something you don't know anything about imo, but it is your time you are wasting!

Disassemble the carbs fully and properly clean them and replace ALL of the rubber orings and likely the needle/seats as well and all will be right in the world again

the jet holder is non removeable!

Reactions: Imadefo

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I got a rebuild kit but a cheap one from China so don’t want to use it if I can. Yes okay jet holder non removable thanks

I need bit more help on which o ring this is?
So there IS an o ring in the jet holder bit ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is that brass bit that the needle goes in the needle
Seat or guide or holder? That bit is non removable yes ?
I know there is o ring on needle jet but obviously you don’t mean that as it’s in the diaphragm

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wicked you’re the main guy I seen on the thread I was looking at where guy had same issue!!

I’m sure the issue I have is same as that other guy? I have autism I have trouble exposing things but I do understand a little bit of carbs (or thought I did)
The fuel level cannot go above the bit where the needle goes in. As it comes out of there… sorry the bit that I not understanding is where this o ring?

do I get it from under main jet ??

·
Registered
9,429 Posts
That is just the symptom of the leak............the end result........not the cause!!

bottom right corner of the picture........

that is the seat portion of the needle/seat............ see the oring on it

you have to remove the screw that holds it into the carb body, then pull the assembly out and replace the whole assembly with a new oring or atleast replace that oring if you can properly clean the assembly and the needle is good

Attachments

·
Registered
9,429 Posts
Okay HOPEFULLY I am just special.

View attachment 112172

please Please PLEASE
Tell me there should be an O RING THERE ????
NO NO NO

You need to pull up the service manual and the fiche and study, you clearly do not know anything about carburetors and clearly should not be working on them with zero knowledge and likely not the correct JIS screwdrivers or measuring tools

Reactions: Imadefo and RJ2112

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
you mean float valve o ring seat??

OKAY you are fully correct I do not know 😂😂😂
I still do not understand in my head that changing that will fix it. Hopefully dissemble will make me
Understand. In my head I don’t see how that o ring leaks to carb BUT I DO KNOW THAT I DO NOT KNOW CARBS.

I accept you are correct as you #1PERSON for carbs.

I shall dissemble properly and label parts then properly assemble with NEW rebuild kit (Chinese)
if rebuild fixes problem. I shall buy good rebuild kit. I only know of dynojet.

Is there another rebuild kit you recommend ?

Anyway I really REALLy thank you for your time and help!!!!

·
Registered
9,429 Posts
Most of those chinese kits.......... the orings dissolve in short order from fuel, even E10

I would never use chineseum carb rebuild kits on anything!!

either buy oem or go to K&L and atleast those are nitrile rubber..........not super awesome but not known to leak or dissolve either.....

Sudco indistries out in commiefornia sells everything you could possibly need, and carries all the mikuni and kiehen parts for everything made!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts