Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any aftermarket seats? How do you like them?? The only one I really know about is the saddlemen sport. I have a low inseam though and am wondering if they raise height in anyway.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Does anyone have any aftermarket seats? How do you like them?? The only one I really know about is the saddlemen sport. I have a low inseam though and am wondering if they raise height in anyway.
There are numerous aftermarkets but I have a friend in MN that has a 2014 6R and he bought Corbins and said after 2 months of riding and almost 2,000 miles, he went back to his stock seat. Honestly, the stock '13-'15 seats have alot of cushion compared to the supersport bikes of the 2000s. I have no complaints.

·
Registered
442 Posts
there is a guy on here that will take your stock seat and put gel in it as well as recover it. The reviews from his work seem solid, and cheaper than a saddlemen or a corbin. Do a search for custom seats and I'm sure you'll find that thread. GL

·
Registered
986 Posts
There are seats from Luimoto that I have been seriously considering. They make seat covers, gel inserts you do yourself or both. They personally look sweet. I've been thinking about it, but there are many more things I need to spend my money on when it comes to the bike.

Honestly, the 2013+ seats are the absolute most comfortable of any sportbike seat I've ever sat on. Not smooth and slippery like an R6 seat. Has enough stippling/texture where you won't slide off. Also has tons of cushion.

So if you don't want it to raise the seat height, then I'd look into the Luimoto Gel Insert. You have to cut the foam out yourself to recess the gel pad in the seat.

Reactions: 2y4life

·
Registered
972 Posts
There are seats from Luimoto that I have been seriously considering. They make seat covers, gel inserts you do yourself or both. They personally look sweet. I've been thinking about it, but there are many more things I need to spend my money on when it comes to the bike.

Honestly, the 2013+ seats are the absolute most comfortable of any sportbike seat I've ever sat on. Not smooth and slippery like an R6 seat. Has enough stippling/texture where you won't slide off. Also has tons of cushion.

So if you don't want it to raise the seat height, then I'd look into the Luimoto Gel Insert. You have to cut the foam out yourself to recess the gel pad in the seat.
I have sat on a '10 ZX6R once but don't remember if it feels as plush as the '13+ seats. If you are riding a supersport and you think the '13+ seat is hard, wait till you get on an older bike. The '03 RR were a wooden slab lol.

Reactions: zx6ixxer

·
Registered
70 Posts
I LOVE mine. Super comfy. Easy to slide back and forth on the twisties. And, there is a spot for your junk to lie! A little airflow for the your little men. Now I am a girl so I have no need for this! I would buy this seat again. I got the carbon fiber looking Saddlemen Sport seat

·
Premium Member
1,715 Posts
The 03 and 04' I have owned was by far the hardest seat I had on a sport bike. The 05's I owned were comfy (done couple of hundred miles at a time). The 12' seat feels good but looks so thin lol. Haven't taken my 12' very far yet though(4 miles)

·
Registered
135 Posts
I also have the Saddleman and love it. Super comfortable and I can ride all day, but they are expensive. Also, watch out, I've heard of others having fitment problems and the holes not lining up properly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts