Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have a 2008 zx6r.. i usually ride z1000 gen 1s. So ive decided to destory this pretty little special edition and change the soul outta it to a fighter not a runner..

Q1.So... first is first.... i need to change engines out.. i have a cracked bottom end case... so what tricks and improvements do you guys suggest to improve the engine if its needed that is...

Q2.Also... the wiring harness.. do you guys hide it in the frame?? This is my first big project to this level. Huding the harness is something i 'want' to do, not need to, i guess..

Q3.Headlight with the ram air going through the front of the frame and not the sides like older models.... what do i do here? Should i make the entrance intake larger with a custom mask... im think about doing this... not a need i think... ideas?

Q4. Exhaust. I dont want the under seat exhaust anymore.. i want it to come out the bottom and to the rear right side. Now im going to maybe get this fully custom made from a place where i live in brisbane australia. They are called pipeworks in yatala. I was also thinking i want a belly pan... there is a few streetfighter kits online i can find.. any one have pics of theres as ideas for me....

Q5. Ducktail plastics and shape.... ok so i have a few ideas here... i was thinking of fully removing it... and putting a larger more cushion seat (brat style).... or a custom rear tail, but if i do this i want the plastic to go all the way to the rectifier.... or find another bikes rear tail to fit, ideas of bikes? I have looked at heaps.... i also want to put on a wheel hugger, ill add this to the next question.

Q6. Ok so i want a wheel hugger like the z1000s... swingarm setups that woukd fit my frame.... thoughts on a single side swing arm setup, models of bikes???

Q7. Last one for now.... should i find a full triple clamp setup from another bike or just change the top yoke to be able to out mx bars on??? Models that woul match top yoke or conplete setup.... i want to keep the brakes, wheel and forks.. metallic red tubes on the zx6r special edition 08... im in love with them and dont want them gone....

Ok so any help would help... ideas... brain storms... suggestions.... personal findings... anything!!!!

Thanks in advanced guys
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting
Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Rim
Fuel tank Tire Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Wheel

Attachments

·
Registered
14,633 Posts
Start digging in the stunt bike sub forum for ideas…. It’s been pretty dead in there for quite a while, but your bike is older and there’s likely relevant info available.

It would also be worth your time to check out the parts compatibility thread, which is a sticky in the technical section….

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Start digging in the stunt bike sub forum for ideas…. It’s been pretty dead in there for quite a while, but your bike is older and there’s likely relevant info available.

It would also be worth your time to check out the parts compatibility thread, which is a sticky in the technical section….
Will do bruv thanks.

·
Registered
277 Posts
This is a pretty hard conversion to do without $$$ for the perf parts and a bunch of skill AND IF you want it to look CLEAN.

Without the front fairing and gauge/light/bracket or anything ti attach the harness to.. you 100% have to do a bunch of harness changes/modifications JUST using the OEM parts. more with non OEM pats...

The entire build is gonna require some kind of aftermarket bracket plus fork clamp mounting if you want the gauge and headlights and blinkers. Forget about using the original headlights..(looks like ass without fairing)

KEEP and use the original handles,controls,levers! changing this up will require COMPLETE change of EVERYTHING. AND is AT LEAST (if not more work) than the front/headlight/harness/etc build!

Granted that its the OEM fairing (or anyfairing) that limits almost all modifying/diff parts of the controls,cables headlits etc...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts