Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
My fuel pump shut down after I ride my bike for 20-50 km at once.
Here is my last situation:
Yesterday I went out with my bike do to some stuff.
After 20km approximately my bike stop working.
I tried to start it again but the fuel pump would not start.
After 15-20 minutes I tried again and the pump started. I was able to turn the bike on but after some time the pump shut down again.
I called a friend to pick my bike up and leave it to my garage.
Once we were there I tried to start the bike and everything was working fine. Didn't try to see how much it will work this time.
Anyone knows what could be the problem?
This is not the first time that this occur.

·
Registered
14,141 Posts
The pump may be clogged, or there may be a wiring harness problem. Take the pump out of the tank and inspect. The screen and filter must be clean. The inside of the tank must be free of rust. Take pictures and share with us.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know when the problem occurs but I can see any problem with the pump. Update: When my bike temperature raise up more than 100 Celsius and work like this for a couple of minutes the pump shut down and wont start until the bike cool off. My bike does not goes beyond 110 Celsius while not moving. Is there any hidden part that may shut down the pump because the temperature is too high?

·
Registered
8,727 Posts
@ 110* (230*f) the safeties won't kick in, but the fan sure should have been running long before this

What does the inside of the tank look like?

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you need a new pump this is the one I just installed over the weekend.

https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-...ds=49040-0011&qid=1560870458&s=gateway&sr=8-1

Only thing I can think of that shuts the pump down is the tip over sensor. I'd imagine there is a relay as well.

Edit: I just looked and its the relay pack that's under the tail. It's one solid pack for ecu, starter, fuel, and cooling fan. I just had to replace mine this past weekend as well because cooling fan wasn't working. It is this part.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-05-06...:hU4AAOSw1UdbiJ~H:sc:USPSPriority!43953!US!-1

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The tank is fine we looked it up.
The problem is that the bike did not even do the check before starting.
I'll post if we find a solution

·
Registered
13,313 Posts
Cooked ECU?
Correct!

The 05 models are known to overheat and fry the ECU. Once hot, the bike will not start anymore. Let it cool down and it will start working.

Ganchew, u need to get another ECU from an 06 model. Does your bike have an immobilizer? Because that will make your situation more complicated.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Who said it was the fuel pump?

I remember having a problem like that and the problem was valve clearances then I found out one of the cylinders were leaking. Check your fuel line, spark plugs, and compression( see how long it holds).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Flip the ECU so its top lays on battery ground. Then try to "overheat it" by riding. Its a common problem with aftermarket exhaust system if you do not put some isolation from heat.

It helped alot of other folks so why not try it ? :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts