Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Just bought a ZX600-G2 a 2000y. model.

The speedometer dial is in KMH but the needle works in MPH and its very disturbing, as I drive in Europe, I need KMH.

Just like this, I read the manual but there is no guide for MODE and RESET to switch it to KMH,

My guess is to change the speed sensor ? As I already tried another Speedometer...

thanks.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Looks like it's reading too fast, 160 mph would be 260 kph. Are you going that fast ?

I dont think the issue is that it is showing mph but that your speed sensor is shot.

·
Registered
12,449 Posts
Might be an aftermarket 'Speedo healer' in line as well.... That could be failing, or making a correction for mph instead of kph.

Do you know if the bike has OEM final gearing? I'd guess 16 front, 43 rear?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Looks like it's reading too fast, 160 mph would be 260 kph. Are you going that fast ?

I dont think the issue is that it is showing mph but that your speed sensor is shot.
Apologies, I forgot to mention thats a pic from the internet :)

Might be an aftermarket 'Speedo healer' in line as well.... That could be failing, or making a correction for mph instead of kph.

Do you know if the bike has OEM final gearing? I'd guess 16 front, 43 rear?
Well the gears are all stock from my understanding.

Already changed the speedometer and the sensor, still the same, found a small adapter in between the sensor and the speedo last night, seems like a converter (Speedo healer???), removed it but it was raining heavily, so had no time to test it out. Will try today ;)

here is the picture of the thing, no number no ID, nothing, just a black sealed box.
https://i.imgur.com/y1rnK7Y.jpg

UPDATE: Just took it out, great weather, and the speedo is showing KMH! Finally ;) that was the problem.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Apologies, I forgot to mention thats a pic from the internet :)

Well the gears are all stock from my understanding.

Already changed the speedometer and the sensor, still the same, found a small adapter in between the sensor and the speedo last night, seems like a converter (Speedo healer???), removed it but it was raining heavily, so had no time to test it out. Will try today ;)

here is the picture of the thing, no number no ID, nothing, just a black sealed box.
https://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo/full?photo_id=502033881264

UPDATE: Just took it out, great weather, and the speedo is showing KMH! Finally ;) that was the problem.

Glad it was a simple fix and you got it figured out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts