Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a couple of questions to all the RR owners out there. First is what are the most tried and tested method of getting good solid horsepower out our engines? I'd like to add more bottem end pull to make it a bit more streetable. I'm even considering going -1 up front or tuning the gearing another way. Second is pretty simple, Kit-ECU or Dynocommander? I,ve heard the benifits of both but would like to know what ya'll thought would make the best power bar-none(i'm leaning towards the Kit-ecu...) ?Finally could i boost my midrange with some longer velocity-stacks? Sorry , i know it's alot of questions!

Thanks everyone!
:rotfl:rotfl

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anybody?!? Wow i think it's interesting that 29 people have viewed this thread and not one person has responded...

Can someone at least help with the Kit-ECU Vs Power Commander question?

Jeez....:confused

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I have a powercommander on my TL and like it a lot. Can't comment on the ecu kit though:O

Its pretty extreme, but I think you could get an insanely wide power curve with a supercharger. I've for a long time wanted to do a supercharged, 600cc fighter - I suspect you could have a liter-twin like power curve without the weight:devious

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
See the thing is I have a 04 636 at my disposal too, so that still does not answer my questions. They are specific to the 599cc RR motor.

I'm thinking gearing. -1 in the front or +2 in the back. What do ya'll think? Will it make it too tiring on the hwy? Is Mpg affected? Speedo is, but by how much?

Thanks for the replys so far!:)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Do Both -1and +2 you'll have lots of grunt downlow
Yes it will bring the revs up a fair bit on the highway but nuthin extreme.
Therfore obviously MPG will drop too

·
Registered
12 Posts
By doing this will put you in the power band of your bike. It will also take a little off of your top end.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have went -1 down in the front and if I am just messing around with the guys off the line I still have problems keepin the front end on the ground.

·
Registered
63 Posts
i went -1/+2 with a 520 chain and i find it a bit of PITA to keep the wheel down although I'm sure i'm not making the power you are maybe getting close but i have to push all 200LBS i have forward.

·
Registered
617 Posts
The nice thing about the "true" ninja,not to be confused with the imitation "636" is that since it was designed to be a race bike, you can find all kinds of aftermarket highperformance parts. Have a look at attackperformance.com, that's where I got alot of my goodies.....and I eat 636's for lunch.:thumbup

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
^^^^ Thanks ninjarider! Thats exactly what i was looking for. I thought -1 up front is the same affect as +2 out back? So wouldn't both be the equivalent of +4 out back?! I don't wanna go too crazy with the gearing! I know that the race kit kawi sells for our bikes tuned right can make around 140(crank)hp. Now as far as those go, i'm pretty sure they're grenade motors, built to last one or two races so i'm looking for like 110-115Whp on a bike that's quite streetable. Hmmm.... so far the search has come up with little.

Ninja what do you have on yo bike?

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
-1 +2 or 3 is a great mod to do, u get alot more torque down low and u really don't loose alot of top end like u think u would either

·
Registered
12 Posts
The nice thing about the "true" ninja,not to be confused with the imitation "636" is that since it was designed to be a race bike, you can find all kinds of aftermarket highperformance parts. Have a look at attackperformance.com, that's where I got alot of my goodies.....and I eat 636's for lunch.:thumbup
I wish i was able to see who you are eating up. But this 636 is a breakfast mouthful to deal.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Not sure if that would be an equivalent with going +4 in the rear. The reason i haven't changed my back sprocket is because they don't have a steel one out yet or i haven't found it. I have heard that the sprockets they have now will tear your chain up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts