Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this seems to be the tech fourm...:O

I am having quite the time trying to get a proper frontend for my 92 ZX600-D...it had a BS'd KYB inverted fork frontend off of a CBR900 which was very dangerous and didnot handle good at all.. So i removed it and bought a 85 GPZ1000 frontend from my local parts guy...GPZ has 1/2 inch too tall of a steering stem...:banghead

I found a frontend on ebay that went to a 95 ZX6-E..will this fit my bike? I priced up a used frontend at a salvage yard and they wanted 300 for a frontend!!!....friggin crazy i you ask me.... What year and model frontends bolt right on?

Also what would be a decent price on the KYB frontend? Based on the salvage yard id say 200 is an ok price considering they want 300 for "Normal" shocks...

·
Registered
9 Posts
d and E models are like a 98-99 and 00-02 6R....most swapps over and is generally an upgrade!!!..

front ends are highly likely a direct bolt on!!...hands down.

ram air and fairing subtlties are the major differences from the E&D.

hope this helps

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice!!!
yeah i bought that front end. went right on..Took the bike for a quick spin and it handled alot better..but now a very ugly problem has risin its head..
wont run for shit...like its starvin for gas..even on choke.. have the carbs apart for the 2nd time now...they have junk in em again...even with a friggin filter!! good news is that i think i can use the gastank though...that is what i belive what let crap into the carbs...
Also, it seemed to run 100% when i restricted airflow to the airbox with my hand..then like 75% and would just studder till full open with out it....
Bike has a Yosimura exhaust and supposidly has been jeted..
I am hoping this last carb clean will do the trick..engine is pretty sound with no abnormal noises...

yeah im gonna need fairings...anyone reccomend anything? i like the engine exposed.. maby a small upper fairing of sorts....Kinda like one from a GPZ...

·
Registered
59 Posts
The ZZR600D or ZX6D shares its front end with the ZZR400K of the same years. The 400 was essentially a sleaved 600 anyway. That should widen your search at breakers and such. The standard forks plus slightly heavier oil makes a good front end set up.

A

1 - 6 of 6 Posts