Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I haven't posted here in a long time. Mostly because my bike had been out of commission since last July thanks to a bad chain (and my lack of money/time to fix it until this Feb.)

Anyways, finally got it going again, got to ride it about 4 times... then had a truck decide to crawl up my rear. On my way to work about 2 weeks ago.

I'm mostly ok, just a relatively minor back injury. But my baby is totaled. Basically everything rear of the pegs would have to be replaced.

Currently I have a law group called the Law Tigers that specialize in motorcycle accidents working on it. The truck was actually a local county work truck so no worries about insurance coverage.

I do plan to get a new bike, hopefully a new ZX-6R, but that will all depend on how much I get for mine (minus what's still owed on my loan) and/or anything beyond the bike itself.
I'm gonna miss him. Was a hell of a fun bike, and one of the best looking around.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I would think most accidents involving trucks and motorcycles would result in at least one fatality. Your pretty lucky.

I never thought about hiring a law firm to sue someone for an at fault accident. How often is it successfully done? What kind of compensation are you expecting?

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
Good luck with getting compensated! What exactly are you suing for? Is there something that insurance isn't going to cover?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
SuperSporty, yeah, luckily this was relatively slow, maybe 20ish mph. Happened while slowing for a red light. 10+mph more and I expect I'd be a lot more worse off.

I'm not so much suing as just making certain that that everything needed is paid for. Since it's a government vehicle it isn't insured like normal, it's insured by the county itself. Last thing I need on top of losing my bike is the county trying to stick me with the medical bills or such.

·
Registered
580 Posts
SuperSporty, yeah, luckily this was relatively slow, maybe 20ish mph. Happened while slowing for a red light. 10+mph more and I expect I'd be a lot more worse off.

I'm not so much suing as just making certain that that everything needed is paid for. Since it's a government vehicle it isn't insured like normal, it's insured by the county itself. Last thing I need on top of losing my bike is the county trying to stick me with the medical bills or such.
That's true - or them trying to settle quickly for what you've endured so far only to have your back still hurting in the future, or medical expenses down the road that become payable by you due to settling too quickly.

My father was hit (in a car) by someone running a stop sign. He was fine at first then started getting stroke like symptoms due to an injury to an artery. The diagnostics were very expensive to find the problem.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Well the plastics look ok, and I'm hoping the frame isn't cracked, since you can get get a used sub-frame and swinger on the cheap, and then a new rim and tire :O

That truck destroyed dat ASS doe.

Glad you're mostly ok

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well the plastics look ok, and I'm hoping the frame isn't cracked, since you can get get a used sub-frame and swinger on the cheap, and then a new rim and tire :O

That truck destroyed dat ASS doe.

Glad you're mostly ok
All the black plastics were destroyed, seat's probably toast. I'm not sure if it's the swingarm, axle, or rim but something is tweaked back there.
It could probably be repaired... but the insurance and shop say it'd cost as much/more than the bike is worth :cry:

I put a couple more shots in my gallery here, without a big truck sitting on the rear wheel.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They just say that because they assume you'll take it in. If you do the replacements on your own you can make money off this.
Heh, yeah, I know. But I do worry some of the damage is not obvious or is otherwise beyond my ability to fix properly.
We'll see what happens, right now I'm expecting I'll end up getting a newer bike if/when finances allow.

·
Registered
4,554 Posts

You definitely got lucky. I recently met a dude that was in a coma for 1 year and recovery for another year after being rear-ended while sitting at a light.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts