Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a Yoshi RS5 Slip-on, on my 07 ZX6R. I was wondering if there is a way to make the exhaust even louder, literally want that S.O.B to bark/roar lol. I took the silencer piece out but i heard something about opening it to remove some packing? Any help, thanks.

·
Registered
831 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
I was just pulling your leg and telling you to chop it off from the header back...Don't do that, I was kidding lol

You can shorten the muffler a little, but not sure how it would look on your bike.

·
Registered
517 Posts
cutting the cat out, or getting a full exhaust. the cat in the stock header does dampen the sound a lot. i noticed a huge difference after i switched to a full exhaust.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
That yosh just isn't gonna be an obnoxiously loud exhaust no matter what you do. Sell it and you could definitely get enough money to buy some sort of junk straight pipe or something.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Whats another slip-on exahust that is loud?
No idea, I like the refined sound of the bike. Two bros maybe? Just make sure you have insurance when your bike catches on fire from it. Pinebox. Some junk ebay slash cut side pipe

·
Registered
17 Posts
I too was in your same situation where my Yosh pipe was not what I was looking for so I modified it. What I did was make a round pipe ( from sheet metal ) and pop rivet in from the mid pipe to about the middle of the can. What that did is by pass the "muffler/can" about half way and is not shit box loud but does sound good to me; plus its free.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
hook us up with a picture of it Philip. I'd love to ditch my cat and keep the Yosh slip on. Buying "just" the hearder wont match a "slip on" mid pipe. The slip on is oval-ed like the stock cat, but the full Yoshi exhaust I guess is round....

·
Registered
27 Posts
I liked the way the jardine sounded on my cbr so i bought one for my bike that was salvaged from a cbr. I had to shorten it but it ended up sounding really nice. Shorting it a few inches might help. As far as gutting out the cat, yea that's a good route but you will have to get a power commander to accommodate the fuel ratio.

·
Registered
879 Posts
i've had cops waiting for me at an intersection by my house because of my graves slip on.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I see. im gonna have to check that out, is gutting the cat bad?
It's on my list of things to do this year along with a new tune after. I also have the rs5, I'm just going to do it to cut down weight and try to pull heat away from the pan since i do a lot of highway riding.

It's not a bad thing to do but a tune I believe is a good idea to go with it. But then again, im anal and ocd when it comes to my bike and cars, ill spend 8 hours on one piece to make it perfect rather than bust it out in an 10 minutes.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts