Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13,049 Posts
I don't think I trust the connection to the engine cases..... for a tip over, they'd work better than any single point sliders; I'd really hate to see what happens to the threads on the engine cases if that was ripped off in a sliding impact. Those are some cosmetic screws that aren't expected to carry a structural load.

I like the Sato slider design better.

http://www.satoracing.com/engineslidersZX6R09.htm

It uses the engine to frame mounting points for attachment. Bigger bolts, into much stonger structure.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
those sato ones use the same 3 bolts in the same spot. They also good but I think the yosh are a cleaner look. I can also see you're point about using the traditional style that attach to the engine mounts but there not as clean looking, they just look like they don't belong.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I installed the sato sliders that replace the engine mounting bolts. they don't stick out quite as far as the Yoshi.

·
Registered
13,049 Posts
those sato ones use the same 3 bolts in the same spot. They also good but I think the yosh are a cleaner look. I can also see you're point about using the traditional style that attach to the engine mounts but there not as clean looking, they just look like they don't belong.
You're correct. Thanks for making me really look at the Sato mounting points. Now, they aren't my favorite design.

Both the Sato and the one the OP posted about use the same cosmetic screws. I am disappointed by that.

Looks like I will be going back to looking at stunt rails to get what I want....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts