Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have just purchased a yoshimura race can and i want to get a k&n air filter too but will fitting these do things to the running of the engine like putting the 'FI' light on,i know i will need a power commander to get the most from the mods but should i wait til' i get a power commander before i fit the can.

·
Registered
93 Posts
No go ahead and get it. PC3 helps the over all bike not just because you put an exhaust on it. You are basically getting a new sound and look.

·
Registered
397 Posts
It will set off the FI light but there is an easy fix for it, you need to buy the butterfly exhaust valve block off plate, it mounts to the top of the servo under the front seat, but it needs to be put on when you install the exhaust, trust me that servo is set in perameters and they suck to get back to spec, it took me 2 hours to get the code to clear. And on a seperate note, I wouldnt buy a K&N, if I were you I would get a BMC, they stay clean longer and in my opinion, not proven, have better air flow that you can here.

·
Registered
503 Posts
FI DOESN'T come on on my B1H mate and i have pretty much the same as you are proposing. I have a Carbon Can Company 'zorst and a K+N filter and she runs sweetly indeed!
YES a PC3 WILL smooth it out and get better results but i don't have the cash for that ......yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts