·
Registered
11,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
17,962 Posts
I do like that top tripple.. very nice.

PG, do you have any of the new R1M's....

·
Registered
251 Posts
:thumbdown:

Should have just left the video of the cluster. That bike is ugly. Who ever designed the cluster obviously had no part in the plastic design.

·
Registered
17,962 Posts

Should have just left the video of the cluster. That bike is ugly. Who ever designed the cluster obviously had no part in the plastic design.
Really?
How about another look?...

·
Registered
251 Posts
I still think its UGLY. You you can see too much of the engine and exhaust. The platics almost look like the bike has been down and someone hacked them instead of replacing them. That front end is probable the ugliest thing ive seen on a bike too. Like I said the cluster is SICK but the rest of that bike is terrible!

·
Registered
11,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The brake pressure sensor is pretty nifty. Next they need it to display bike lean along with acceleration and deceleration g's. Not to look at while riding, but for your tank gopro to catch.
To the right of the brake meter is positive and negative G's. However... I'm not sure I'd give a rats ass about looking down at that while coming into a turn from 130+ mph and braking to 60. lol... I'll save it for that kewl data logger.

I do like that top tripple.. very nice.

PG, do you have any of the new R1M's....

No... they want a $5000 deposit just to ship one to us. And we're not giving them $5000. Now... if a paying customer does then yes.

"Should have just left the video of the cluster." Really? It's my phucking video fool! :nana: I'll video whatever the phuck I want!

I still think its UGLY. You you can see too much of the engine and exhaust. The platics almost look like the bike has been down and someone hacked them instead of replacing them. That front end is probable the ugliest thing ive seen on a bike too. Like I said the cluster is SICK but the rest of that bike is terrible!
Opinions are like assholes... etc etc. :2fingerlol:

I think there are plenty of FUGLY bikes out there. We all have our likes and dislikes. Now... being that this bike is pretty much modeled after the actual M1 styling (ya know... that GP bike Rossi rides :O )

·
Registered
11,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:2fingerlol:

Its kind of like politics and religion don't ask for opinions unless your are willing to hear everyones opinion good or bad.

:2fingerlol:

For the record... I didn't ask for anyone's opinion.

And politics and religion are like penises. It's cool to have one... just don't whip it out and start waving that shit around. :D

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Touchy, touchy. I too think the new R1 has been smacked around pretty badly with the ugly stick. The front end looks like some kind of retarded bug and the sides look unfinished and poorly shaped. That said, the tail looks good as does the tank and the dash area. The display is mind-blowing and the performance is likely the same. But the styling is just a total bummer for me...

·
Registered
251 Posts
Not trying to argue or anything but by posting about a Yami on a Kawi forum if thats not looking for an argument or opinion I dont know what is. Just sayin. Again not trying to pick a fight or anything this forum is awesome and for the most part there are a lot of awesome people on here. Stay safe and keep it right side up!

:bigthumb:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Those headlights were a gamble, and I don't think it paid off with many of the people I've heard from. It looks like a dead catfish up front. The rest is nice.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I like it. The cluster and the bike. I think it looks good. lol. I think it would look even better if maybe the plastics/frame were just black and one other color instead of 3 to 4 but Yamahas seem to always be 3 toned or more lol.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Man, I would catch myself looking down at that cluster way to much. It's very nice though...better be for a $19k bike.

·
Registered
9,971 Posts
Those headlights were a gamble, and I don't think it paid off with many of the people I've heard from. It looks like a dead catfish up front. The rest is nice.
Good think when I'm riding mine...in like 3 years... I won't be able to see it :laugh

·
Registered
679 Posts
I think for you guys who are complaining about the looks of the bike,.... Who cares about the freaking looks?!!!!!!! The bike is bad ass and most likely the best, most advanced production bike to EVER come out of Japan!!!!

I personally care more about the engineering and how the bike is going to perform, in regards to sports bikes. Pretty simple.

By any chance, do you guys also have those sweet mohawk things the guys who wheelie down the freeway have?

·
Registered
8,172 Posts
I think for you guys who are complaining about the looks of the bike,.... Who cares about the freaking looks?!!!!!!! The bike is bad ass and most likely the best, most advanced production bike to EVER come out of Japan!!!!

I personally care more about the engineering and how the bike is going to perform, in regards to sports bikes. Pretty simple.

By any chance, do you guys also have those sweet mohawk things the guys who wheelie down the freeway have?

I doubt this to actually be the case............I am snoozing already, dyno numbers are low- loks, well who cares but I find it fugly from the front.......then of course it is another POS Yamaha

Then finally this is a Kawasaki forum, posting up and bragging about a yam should be an automatic 2 month rip..........:nana:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts