Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay... Some of ya may remember I posted awhile back about opinions of Muzzy's slip-ons because some dude asked if I wanted to buy a used one. Anyhow I bought it. After ordering parts (the fender eliminator to go with that pipe and the servo-limiter, and later a repack kit) and repacking the canister, I think, oh boy tonight I get to install it. The bastard don't fit and now my bike is all torn apart. There ain't no way in hell it's gonna fit with the parts I have.

Can somebody tell me, what parts come with a Muzzy's slip-on for a 2005/2006 ZX6R (636)? The pipe diameters are right. The little pipe between the canister and the stock pipe seems to be all wrong. I don't see how I can possible twist it enough in any direction to make it fit! I'm thinking I may need a different connector pipe - but even with that I'm not sure it would fit. It seems like the bend would be to sharp.

I will post pics later. Now I need to drink.

:confused

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Image 1 without the connector pipe. You can see the funky bend that would be need to connect it to the stock pipe.

Image 2 with connector pipe. I have tried rotating the connector pipe but you can see that it just seems to be a few inches too long.

Image 3 a different angle.

The only thing I could possible see to make it work with the parts I have is if I moved the pipe hanger bolts to one of the two holes behind it. But those holes are for something completely different like a back seat support or something. The bolts and grommets/bushings would not fit those holes.

·
Registered
397 Posts
well, I can agree, that is a fucked up deal you have there :confused Do you still have the number for the dude you got it from?

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I do but I doubt it'd do he'd make good on the deal. He never offered a guarantee and he seemed a bit shifty anyhow. I was hoping somebody here has the same exhaust and could provide some insight about installation. If not I'll talk with the techs at Muzzy's on Monday - they may be able to help or to at least tell me if I got taken.

I may just call the dude and give him an earful, then order a brand new Akrapovich like I wanted in the first place. Maybe I can find exactly what model/year this thing belongs to and give somebody a good deal! ;)

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
ya need a flexy bit of pipe? like ya can get on cars.. get a peice made up??

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fuck it. I ordered the Akropovich. Gonna write this one off (the Muzzys). Maybe somebody will take it off my hands.

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
what did ya pay for the muzzy of the shady dude??

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I ain't too bugged. I would prefer not to have paid out for that and kept my money. I figured it was a gamble and I got burned. Not a biggie because I really wanted an Akro in the first place. If I can find out why it doesn't fit it might not be a total loss. I may be able to sell it to somebody that CAN use it with that info. If not, well, take it as a life lesson.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Looks a lot better, But it would look way better if you got rid of all that pointless plastic thats around it. Are the next things of accessories to buy an integrated tail light and a fender eliminator?

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
looking good now

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well there is already a fender eliminator on it. I was looking at the integrated tail-lights and am really giving it some serious thought. I would love to get rid of all that excess plastic back there.

With that out of the way, I don't know if it's a psychological thing but with the extra bark and the PowerCommander installed on it, it seems to get the front end off the ground quite a bit easier... :)

·
Registered
227 Posts
what youve got there is a slip on for an old school 95 96 model bike would fit perfect on mine
how did u come up with that conclusion seeing that 95 -96 doesnt even have a undertail exhaust ?????????????????

1 - 20 of 23 Posts