Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’ve not yet had my brand new ZX6R for even a week, but yesterday my gf noticed this tube hanging from the bottom while we were out riding. So after pulling over and tracing it back to the tank and researching, I don’t know what it’s for! I did everything short of ripping off the fairings. What is this for and where is this other end supposed to attach?! Kinda freaking out a bit!

Hood Blue Motor vehicle Electrical wiring Automotive exterior

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Grey Vehicle Bicycle part

Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Trunk

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bro thank you fr! A part of me thought that bc I just didn’t see anywhere for it to go but I was mad worried! 😂 I’ll just tuck it back under the fairings so it’s not hanging. Thanks man!

·
Registered
14,626 Posts
Make sure you don’t pinch it or put a kink in it, as you may create issues with how the tank vents or drains off spilled fuel.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Make sure you don’t pinch it or put a kink in it, as you may create issues with how the tank vents or drains off spilled fuel.
Deal my man! It’s already kinda strapped down to a point it shouldn’t move much I just tucked it back under the bottom and I’ll keep my eye on it. I’ll keep that in mind!

·
Registered
44 Posts
That hose is the drain for when the tank is overfilled. The venting of the tank is carried out by the cover through a small valve.
Leave it as it is.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Lifted the tank on my CBR one time, somehow the vent tube did not get reconnected properly. Few months later dropped the bike on the street!!! Stalled it taking off from a right turn at a stop sign. Worse nice bit of steam! Picked up bike wondering how I'd broken a coolant line but then realized it was gasoline from the tank vent hitting hot parts!!!!!!!! Let it cool for a while before riding it home.

Good to not mess with the line and make sure it is properly installed. I just about had a big problem! Now I'm super careful and ALWAYS double check the lines.

·
Registered
14,626 Posts
Depending on which market your bike was built for, there will be either 2 or 3 hoses coming off of the back of the tank, under the driver’s seat. One will be a drain line, for spills around the filler neck (gasoline, or rain water removal), the second is a vent so the air pressure will equalize as needed. On 50 state bikes, that’s routed to the lowest point on the bike same as that drain.

On CA bikes, the vent is routed to a charcoal canister which traps the gasoline vapor….. until the bike is started and those fumes get pulled back into the tank through that third hose.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Depending on which market your bike was built for, there will be either 2 or 3 hoses coming off of the back of the tank, under the driver’s seat. One will be a drain line, for spills around the filler neck (gasoline, or rain water removal), the second is a vent so the air pressure will equalize as needed. On 50 state bikes, that’s routed to the lowest point on the bike same as that drain.

On CA bikes, the vent is routed to a charcoal canister which traps the gasoline vapor….. until the bike is started and those fumes get pulled back into the tank through that third hose.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts