Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
WTB: PC V + Link Pipe for Akra Exhaust + Green Seat Cowl

Bike: 2015 zx-6r

Looking to test the waters here, before I purchase new.

I am interested in:
• DynoJet Auto Tune
• Rear seat cowl that will match the 30th Anniversary theme (gloss black or green)
• Akrapovic Linkage Pipe or anything compatible (ex: Pine Box, etc)---Purchased from someone
• Akrapovic Slip-On Exhaust (2009-2019)[/COLOR] ---Purchased
• Power Commander V ---Purchased from AJ215

I have been looking up recent classified posts, and just missed a couple good deals (some were sitting for a while too :headbang:). I am hoping someone is sitting on something from the list above and waiting to unload. I have references available too. I may not post a lot but been lurking for a while. Thanks!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Bike: 2015 zx-6r

Looking to test the waters here, before I purchase new.

I am interested in:
• Akrapovic Slip-On Exhaust (2009-2019)
• Akrapovic Linkage Pipe or anything compatible
I just purchased akra slip on and link pipe for my 2013 about a month ago and thinking about going a different route. However my different route is not in stock yet and wont be until middle of July!! :frown

I can keep you up to date, its practically brand new.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Good choice, but mine isn't for sale. I'd recommend the Pinebox link pipe if he is still in business. Love the fact that the factory heat shields bolt right up....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Good choice, but mine isn't for sale. I'd recommend the Pinebox link pipe if he is still in business. Love the fact that the factory heat shields bolt right up....
Is this the link pipe you're talking about? https://shop.mjsperformance.com/product.sc;jsessionid=B22D30060809FE4974C26AFC53C4AEF6.qscstrfrnt03;jsessionid=CF3ECFC0128F8B5CF002C3BEAA015F47.p3plqscsfapp003?productId=120&categoryId=5

I just purchased akra slip on and link pipe for my 2013 about a month ago and thinking about going a different route. However my different route is not in stock yet and wont be until middle of July!! :frown

I can keep you up to date, its practically brand new.
Yeah, I would def be interested! What route are you going with the new exhaust, and what type of riding do you do?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Is this the link pipe you're talking about? https://shop.mjsperformance.com/product.sc;jsessionid=B22D30060809FE4974C26AFC53C4AEF6.qscstrfrnt03;jsessionid=CF3ECFC0128F8B5CF002C3BEAA015F47.p3plqscsfapp003?productId=120&categoryId=5

Looks similar to mine, but mine wasn't ceramic coated, just stainless. I looked online and couldn't find the Pinebox website any longer, so not sure what happened. He sold many link pipes and other components to forum members just a few years ago.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I will say, with the link pipe instead of the stock pre-chamber muffler, you lose the stock butterfly exhaust valve. I run the Akra silencer tube in the muffler, not because of the muffler exhaust noise/volume, but because without the restriction of the silencer tube you can feel the lack of back pressure in the low-end torque. This may be corrected with a tune, but I don't have that.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will say, with the link pipe instead of the stock pre-chamber muffler, you lose the stock butterfly exhaust valve. I run the Akra silencer tube in the muffler, not because of the muffler exhaust noise/volume, but because without the restriction of the silencer tube you can feel the lack of back pressure in the low-end torque. This may be corrected with a tune, but I don't have that.
Alright good to know, maybe some forum member has a used one laying around. I am already looking into someone local who does ECU flashing, and even considering a PCV at the right price. Gets expensive pretty quick in order to do an exhaust the right way; hence why I am posting in WTB used.

·
Registered
25 Posts

Yeah, I would def be interested! What route are you going with the new exhaust, and what type of riding do you do?

I'd like to plan on a two brothers exhaust with one of the silencers installed. I like the look of it, and want a little more noise. the Akra sounds amazing, I just wanted it to be a few decibels louder

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I no longer need the PC V, as I just bought one off another forum member.

I'd like to plan on a two brothers exhaust with one of the silencers installed. I like the look of it, and want a little more noise. the Akra sounds amazing, I just wanted it to be a few decibels louder
Gotcha, yeah I don't want too loud so the Akra is right up my ally.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I no longer need the PC V, as I just bought one off another forum member.

Gotcha, yeah I don't want too loud so the Akra is right up my ally.
well with the P1x installed on the two brothers the decibel output is only 2 decibels higher and I like the shorty exhaust look, its just out of stock everywhere

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good to know, I just grabbed a power commander for decent price. With this link pipe, does it only remove that big square pre-chamber, or does it go up-to where the headers start and remove the cat as well?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Good to know, I just grabbed a power commander for decent price. With this link pipe, does it only remove that big square pre-chamber, or does it go up-to where the headers start and remove the cat as well?
only removes the big pre-chamber, your cats are in the "header" section and are untouched unless you get a full exhaust

·
Registered
25 Posts

Not sure if you are still trying to find these, but I think Ive decided to keep the Akra after hearing what i wanted in person I am not a fan of it

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Not sure if you are still trying to find these, but I think Ive decided to keep the Akra after hearing what i wanted in person I am not a fan of it
Hey man, I actually been running a decatted header, link pipe, to new akra slip on for a couple months now. I took the baffle out too. Sounds mean, without being annoying/obnoxious to ride. It has a nice low RPM growl and screams when its opened up.

I also slapped in a BMC Race Filter and that allowed the bike to breathe way better too

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey man, I actually been running a decatted header, link pipe, to new akra slip on for a couple months now. I took the baffle out too. Sounds mean, without being annoying/obnoxious to ride. It has a nice low RPM growl and screams when its opened up.

I also slapped in a BMC Race Filter and that allowed the bike to breathe way better too
Do you have a video?? Love you hear it!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts