Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well. this past sunday, i was headin out cruising with a pack of 5 other rockets, 2 zx10r's, a zx12r, a gsxr1000 and a gsxr750...

well, i was in the back of the pack with my '07 zx6r...

we were passing cars every opportunity on this 2 lane road... and being the slowest bike, i took the most time passing, well... we were passing a group of 4 cars, and im the last passer... and around the slight bend comes a semi truck.

oh shit.

i cut back into my lane, barely a few feet ahead of the car i just passed doing 120... (in a 50) and i see the bend. one again.

oh shit.

BRAKES.

bad idea.

quick lean to the left.

to much transition from brake to lean.

front end slides out- to compensate i tap the rear brake.
doesnt help. not sure why i thought it would.

off the road i go.- at about 70mph. theres about a 5-foot deep- grass-filled ditch. i go thru it, and proceed into a telephone pole.

welll. needless to say, im alright. or i wouldnt be typing. I walked away with a broken colar bone, mild concussion, a bunch of bruises, a couple scratches, and poison ivy (lol @ the poison ivy)

the bike- unlike myself- will not be able to ride in 4-6 weeks.
shes totalled. my brand new '07 kawi green zx6r :(
i had just cleaned her that morning. ugh. looks like a crumpled up mountain dew can.

currently in the process of locating another green '07 at an ohio dealership...

for anybody that has the stomach to handle the horror... ill be posting up before and after pics tomorrow. :(

·
butiwasgoingtotashistatio ntopickupsumpowerconvrtr
2,762 Posts
that's teh suckage. 2 lane curving road doing 120 in a 50 eh? :no: glad you're ok though. sounds like u came out of that very better than worse.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
thats what happens when you speed

ask my cousin

speeding, tried to pass someone, clipped their bumper.
now hes quadrapoligic and blind. 22 yr old

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm gald to see your here talking about your accident man. Take it easy.

I hope you and your ride are back on the road soon.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Do us a favour and stop riding like a moron,
Glad to see you are ok, but no sympathies.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I was just reading an article that talked about passing cars being the most dangerous manuver on a bike.

I'll spare the lecture, I think you learned your lesson. Glad to hear you are still alive. And when you decide to saddle up again, please, use what you learned from this incident to your advantage.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Wonder if he learned his riding skills on you tube ?
:spit I doubt it, but I know at least one person who should read this thread.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Glad you're still here to post about it :thumbup

To be old and wise, first you must be young and stupid.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
I wont lecture you but that might not have been the smartest idea.

Good to know you're okay. Shame about the bike though.

·
Registered
74 Posts
That sucks. Glad to hear your Ok. Hope you weren't expecting a lot of sympathy.

I learned a small lesson for myself yesterday. No riding in shorts. That tailpipe burn is horridly painful.:banghead

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I learned a small lesson for myself yesterday. No riding in shorts. That tailpipe burn is horridly painful.:banghead
:banghead. You got off easy.

Sweat washes off, road rash doesn't :coocoo

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Do us a favour and stop riding like a moron,
Glad to see you are ok, but no sympathies.
:stupid

120mph down the wrong lane on a blind corner, and we wonder why sport bikes get a bad wrap for irresponsible behavior - riding like an idiot not only gets you hurt, it also hurts the entire motorcycle community - if you ride again please do it in a more sensible manner.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I wasn't riding anywhere. I was actually just moving it around for a photo (wedding stuff). Full gear is an absolute nescesity at all times.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I wasn't riding anywhere. I was actually just moving it around for a photo (wedding stuff). Full gear is an absolute nescesity at all times.
Sorry :blush

·
Registered
397 Posts
yeah, I have to go with everyone else, ride to your limits and dont excede them, that is what will get you killed

1 - 20 of 64 Posts