Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just simply goin around a corner when I hit about a half an inch of sand when I was with some friends riding, heres the damage.

it got the upper, mid and lower. scratched the shit out of the clutch cover and broke my rearset, and as you can see it put a nice dent in the frame too, so if you have a factory one sitting around PM me, I will buy it today.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
:doh sorry to hear it. Frame pucks and case savers might be a good idea next time around:)

·
Registered
503 Posts
That's tough luck mate.
I know what it's like to wreck your bike and the hurt of seeing it go down the road, you actually forget about what's happeneing to yourself!!! I put my bike back in roadworthy order first then sorted out cosmetics when i could.
Frame dent sounds ominous though........

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
oh no!!! :no that sucks man...is insurance gonna cover it? bent frame, that's a total for sure :thumbdown not to be a vulture...but what are you gonna do with it? :devious

-:banana
I am not going to turn it in, since the paint is so new, it will be easy to match up again. my painter was riding with me when it happened and all he could say after it came to a spinning stop was that he will fix the fairings and clutch cover for nothin; and the rearset, lever and barend are an easy fix, so I will do those. I will have it back on the road in no time.

·
Registered
604 Posts
sorry man, glad you walked away.....

·
Registered
127 Posts
Gutted for ya mate! Get the frame checked out though, just incase its a little out of alignment, you can get it jigged if needs be, but a new frame is a good idea if you can get one! Lucky you came out OK, live to ride another day!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Ouch, I don't feel so bad about my minor scratches now.

Good luck with getting everything repaired.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts