Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a bike we had for a month went down and wrecked...need to completely rebuild, but the parts put the price of the rebuild at more than a replacement New Old Stock bike would be at this point...
Long story short, I’m wondering which other years frames would fit the engine and most other components to try and save money on converting this heap of amazing parts into a decent track (or even possibly, street) bike again.

·
Registered
605 Posts
So a bike we had for a month went down and wrecked...need to completely rebuild, but the parts put the price of the rebuild at more than a replacement New Old Stock bike would be at this point...
Long story short, I’m wondering which other years frames would fit the engine and most other components to try and save money on converting this heap of amazing parts into a decent track (or even possibly, street) bike again.
Sounds to me like you should part this thing out. I mean if ur replacing the frame with anything but a 2019 frame, it’s not really a 2019 anymore, and therefore it’s not going be worth nearly as much. If ur turning it into a track bike and ur not really concerned about resale value, I can see how that would work.

As far as what frames will fit it, a 2013 or newer should drop right in but I’m not entirely sure. I do know that 2009-12 frames are slightly different. You would need to drill/ tap a hole or 2 but it is doable to make it fit as they are basically the same. What all do you need?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,524 Posts
There have been plenty of frame engine and fairing conversions from 09 up. They should be interchangable but may have different tab locations.

·
Registered
14,138 Posts
More to the point...... Why not claim this on your insurance?

Phrased the way this is, it sounds more like you're trying to build a stolen bike into a legal one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts