Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Director of Moderation
9,951 Posts
Rough crowd here LOL

OP, I think you should do it. I'll buy your ZX6R once I sell my Aprilia if the price is right! :)

·
Registered
137 Posts
An 18 Peniglae V4 came up for sale and I have been thinking about trading my 19 for it. Having a hard time making a decision. I love the ZX6r. It does everything well and I got it new for $7500. The Peni is more than twice that, but it is quite a piece to look at.

Struggling to make a decision. The value of the ZX6r, the looks, performance, savings on insurance, reliability, analog (less is more)....

Would you get the Penigale or would you mod the hell out of your ZX6r to make it perfect for you?

....at the end of the day, no matter what I do to the ZX6r, it will never approach 200hp and that's where I'm stuck. But the ZX6r will never "bite" me like a Penigale might.
If trading your zx6r for a Ducati is in your budget and you want it, don't deny yourself but keep in mind it may be a finicky machine.

If you have some serious disposable income, perhaps keep the zx6r and buy the Ducati outright that way you have the dependable Kawasaki for when your Ducati is down waiting for parts or whatever.

That Ducati is beautiful bro and never mind the haters that nitpick spelling, etc

Post some pics of the Ducati you looked at 🙂

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
I'd have to ride each. You can sit here all day dreaming up differences in feel/ride/power, but until you get seat time that all means absolutely nothing. If I were in your shoes, I'd test ride the Panigale in exactly the same as you'd ride your zx6r, and see which one puts a bigger smile on your face. After the test ride, if you're not 100% sure on what you want to do, stick with the zx6r.
Agreed. Agreed. Agreed.

...cause all that matters is, after you’ve turned on your bike, does it return the favor 😈👍🏿

·
Registered
63 Posts
Not wanting the RSV4? What’s the reason? If you don’t mind me asking. I’ve always drooled over those.

·
Director of Moderation
9,951 Posts
Not wanting the RSV4? What’s the reason? If you don’t mind me asking. I’ve always drooled over those.
Wasn't really competitive on it. I guess I just didn't quite gel with it. Love the way it sounds and looks, but if I can't be competitive on it, it's not worth having to me.

Reactions: Assman

·
Registered
63 Posts
Very logical. Ideally I’d like to have both. I don’t ever plan on selling the 6R. Plus, I’m a sucker for the inline 4 sound.

·
Director of Moderation
9,951 Posts
Very logical. Ideally I’d like to have both. I don’t ever plan on selling the 6R. Plus, I’m a sucker for the inline 4 sound.
Buy my RSV4 then! :D

Reactions: Assman
21 - 29 of 29 Posts