Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today was a beautiful day, hit about 53F after a long stretch of cold 20's, so what better thing to do than go for a ride? I woke up this morning went to check on ma girl and she was on her side :mad

This is the damage:
Cracked Front Left Footrest Mounting Bracket
IMAG0782.jpg

Nicked tail
IMAG0785.jpg

Scuffed up fairing and engine cover nicks
IMAG0784.jpg

I'm waiting to hear back from some members to see if they have those parts on bikes they are parting out, Ronayers has the bracket for $67 and most of the ones on eBay are $80+.

Should I just replace them, or is there a decent set of aftermarket rearsets
that I could get for a little more than that?

What options do I have for fixing the nicks on the tail? Are there easy
touchup kits?

Engine cover i'm not as worried about, these are the two things that have really been bugging me. She used to be so pretty, and now she's banged up :cry:

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
That sucks dude, atleast your bike was still there....(not stolen) check the classifieds on this forum, you may find what you need!

·
Registered
471 Posts
That sucks that your girl fell over. have you any ideas as to how it fell?

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Was she in a garage? outdoors? Maybe an animal knocked her over? Or someone and freaked when she fell and ran?

most aftermarket rear sets are in the $400+ range. Sadly not as cheap as I wish they would be. I'd grab the part from those parting out and get your baby back up and going.

Also get some frame sliders. Sadly if you had some the sliders would have caught the worst of it and you would probably only have a scuff or two to fix.

·
Registered
395 Posts
The stock rears are so cheaply made. I broke mine in a low side. You should scour ebay, I saw several left side brackets for your bike. If all else fails I ordered mine through cycleparts.com I believe it was $75 total including shipping and they were cheaper than several other OEM websites.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
That sucks man, I would be infuriated! And like others asked, any idea or signs of how it happened?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I live between a carwash and a liquor store near a college campus and "people" are always cutting through our PRIVATE lot. We have 10 people that live in the house and any where from 3-9 cars and 3 bikes in the lot at any time (2 of the bikes are mine).

1) I wouldn't be surprised if some dumbass saw the bike and sat on it (I have caught random people checking out my bikes before...)

2) There are a few people that are friends with some of the residents downstairs that are always over, and they're always either a) drunk or b) don't like me for whatever reason so i wouldn't be surprised if one of them knocked it over on accident or purpose, and i doubt they would have been able to pick it up off it's side...

Either way what's done is done, time to move forward and take money that I was going to spend on upgrades and put it into repairs :/

Anybody got ideas on the paint touch-ups? that's my biggest concern right now

·
Registered
132 Posts
I live downtown, a good area of downtown but still downtown so I have to leave my bikes outside covered I picked up malicious intent coverage on my insurance bc of how close I am to bars and clubs might be worth looking into.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts