Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone watch todays world superbike, what fantastic racing, well done eugene laverty, :bigthumb: class or wot..... won both races, unlucky biaggi :nana: cantwait for next races if they like these 2..

·
Registered
987 Posts
Can't believe they gave Biaggi that penalty when he didn't gain any advantage except for extending a 5 second lead to a 5.8sec lead. very harsh when Laverty did similar but didn't get a penalty

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep was a bit gutted for biaggi, but he knows the rules, still dont understand what happened, maybe he just lost his concentration for a second, thats why he ran on... :O

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
yes was absolutely fantastic racing, not a big fan of biaggi anyway so laughed my tits off when he got the ride through penalty. A big well done to Laverty he deserved both of those and hope he can do more like that in future races.

·
butiwasgoingtotashistatio ntopickupsumpowerconvrtr
2,762 Posts
how about Laverty waggin the rear around at the parabolica on the final lap? that was sweet.

Melandri is sick too. I always pull for him.

·
Registered
17,962 Posts
Laverty all the way! hell yeah!
great racing, I don't think it right what they did to Max in race 2.
Didn't have to take the win from em.???? Just seemed a little over the top.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Great races, as always in WSBK series! Superstock had some major crashes, luckily everyone was OK. Biaggi lost his victory, and it was weird what he was penalized for: it's not that he ran straight through, but when he entered the track back again he did it outside the lane which was painted on the tarmac. The riders were warned not to do it, on a meeting with a race director on Thursday. I think that they mentioned that because of this they had over 320 laps (of different riders, of course) annulled over the weekend. Biaggi is hard guy to like, but I don't think he deserved that.

And Eugene was awesome, without a doubt deserved these victories!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts