Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Almost came a cropper today. Was out 4 a ride with my mate pushing pretty hard as usual, came out of a corner doing around a 110mph and opened it right up to go past my mate, still a bit leaned over and hit some bumps in the road. Biggest tank slapper came next lock 2 lock about 10 times. Somehow managed to recover it but it was so close.
Thinking of getting a damper now anyone recommend any? Looking at Sprint and GPR?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LMAO Slow down how do you do that?
I cant bring myself to ease off the throttle, Would't be fair on the bike!

·
Registered
503 Posts
I've NEVER had a full blown tank slapper on my '03 B1H, just the odd friendly waggle of the bars. SMOOTH it out a bit mate!

having said that......heard GPR dampers are good stuff!

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
I've only had wiggles on the 6R but did have a full blown one on my old ZZR. Nearly crapped my pants and my wrist hit the frame or tank so hard I thought I broke the bloody thing. I can't believe what a difference a damper makes, everyone should have one, they're a great investment. Got a Hyperpro on mine and I can't fault it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Scotts or Ohlins

Everyone I ride with has one or the other.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Dump the stock 65 series front tire to a 70 series front and you wont have that problem nearly as much. And slow down on the street for christ sake!!!!

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
get a damper u like the rotory style ones like gps crash better than the piston styles one like hyperpro

1 - 11 of 11 Posts