Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again! trying to come out of my shell a bit and ask plenty of questions as I still have so much to learn....

I have a 2012 with ~2500 miles on it so far, so everything is basically new (chain and sprockets).

anyways, I did read the entire Chain & Sprocket sticky. After reading the sticky, I think I'd like to move to -1/+2. Now the main message I got from the sticky was 'change the sprockets and chain together'. But....I am thinking that I could get away with only swapping the sprockets and keeping the stock chain due to such low mileage.

Thoughts????

I don't yet have a chain tool to 'crimp' a new master link, but I could certainly afford to get one. However.......the main reason I'm asking is because I am a bit intimidated to 'connect' the new master link. Never did it before and would hate to learn at 75mph that I suck at it....LOL

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Just buy a chain and sprocket kit from mottomummy. Driven sprockets and DID CHAIN. If your not comfortable changing it. Have a shop do it. Mine only charged 55 to do it.

YES CHANGE ALL AT THE SAME TIME THEY WEAR TOGETHER. 155 isn't much for a top of the line kit.

Remember you'll need a sppedodrd from mottomummy which is who sells 12o'clock labs Speedo. Your mph is going ti be about 17-21 mph.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts