Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, just curious if a pcIII will give me any power without an after market exhaust. Also is the pcIII the same for zx6r and zx6rr or is there a difference? thanks

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
They're different for the 636 and 6RR.

It will give you probably the same amount of power with an aftermarket slip on. Which is not much power at all. You'll need a full system to get the extra horsies you're after. The official site has maps for the stock exhaust with or without an aftermarket air filter. The PCIII isn't predominantly made for extra power anyway. It smooths out the power band and makes for a much happier engine.

·
butiwasgoingtotashistatio ntopickupsumpowerconvrtr
2,762 Posts
D&D's are LOUD. this guy i ride with has one on his gixxer seven fiddy and that thing screams.

·
Registered
992 Posts
D&D's are LOUD. this guy i ride with has one on his gixxer seven fiddy and that thing screams.
i had d&d on my 96 zx6r best pipe ever texas pride... you an tell a d&d out of the pack its such an original sound wish they made em for the 07

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Probably not a lot more power, but can improve throttle response and often fill in any dips in the power curve you might find. Its equivalent to jetting a carb'd bike.

·
Registered
176 Posts
they are all diff they have on for the 636 and one for the 03 zx6rr and another one for the 04 zx6rr and it will give a bit more. and when you do git another exhaust you can just chang the map

1 - 8 of 8 Posts