Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry if this has been talked about. (you can point me to the thread if so)
But had a small issue with my motor, and a buddy has an 09-12 636 he has laying around, for pretty good price. I assume it would not fit. but thought I would ask and maybe we have someone here that knows more about it then I. I just ride bikes well. I don't do much else well ( =

please and thanks for help!!

·
Registered
12,900 Posts
But had a small issue with my motor, and a buddy has an 09-12 636 he has laying around, for pretty good price. I assume it would not fit. but thought I would ask and maybe we have someone here that knows more about it then I. I just ride bikes well. I don't do much else well ( =

The block will bolt to the frame. The FI and ECU are different.

·
Registered
11,662 Posts

The engines are identical and mount inside the frame exactly the same. That's about where it ends though. As mentioned you'll need to replace the ECU and probably wiring harness as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts