Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I live in Wisconsin. I live in Manitowoc and go to school at UW-Stout in Menomonie. I see we have quite a few riders in WI coming out of the woodworks.

I started on a 2005 Ninja 250 about 4 years ago and had about as many problems as I could with that bike mechanically, decided I was ready for a faster bike anyway. Traded my S10 for my buddies ZX6R who just got a brand new KLR.

In fall of 2012 I rode to Ottawa, Canada with my friend whom I bought the ZX6R from. I think that was the moment I decided I wanted to see the entire country on a bike. This was the first time I had been out of Wisconsin pretty much and the first time I'd ever see hills and trees like that. All the leaves were starting to change colors and it was just gorgeous.

Bike is a blast, although I'm already having issues with it. Maybe I'm just cursed to ride bikes that have mechanical problems.

Here's the ZX6R with patented garbage bag luggage rack.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome!.....and judging by that first pic looks like the garbage bag didn't hold up to well to your exhaust
Thanks. Hahah, yeah we split up in Chicago on the way back north and he said that it burst open on the interstate.
That day it was pouring all day long. He decided that he would donate the clothes to the people of Chicago.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Welcome fellow Wisconsin rider. Im located in Adell, just south of Plymouth. hit me up if you ever want to go ride.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Welcome!

I just got home from Green Bay a few hours ago! I also go to Oshkosh every year for the EAA Airventure Fly-In. Gotta love the smell of dairy-air :laugh

I've always wanted a square body Ninja 250 to just play on. Something to wrap out in every gear and just barely make it to speed limit before the next red light :) I really mean that in the nicest way possible. They seem like such fun little bikes!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome!

I just got home from Green Bay a few hours ago! I also go to Oshkosh every year for the EAA Airventure Fly-In. Gotta love the smell of dairy-air :laugh

I've always wanted a square body Ninja 250 to just play on. Something to wrap out in every gear and just barely make it to speed limit before the next red light :) I really mean that in the nicest way possible. They seem like such fun little bikes!
Oh they really were fun to ride. Could just crank on it all around town and run through the gears and not get in too much trouble. ZX6r is going to make me lose my license if I don't be careful.

Welcome fellow Wisconsin rider. I'm located in Adell, just south of Plymouth. hit me up if you ever want to go ride.
You're like 10 minutes away from my summer home. We'll have to cruise sometime after the semester ends.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Oh they really were fun to ride. Could just crank on it all around town and run through the gears and not get in too much trouble. ZX6r is going to make me lose my license if I don't be careful.

You're like 10 minutes away from my summer home. We'll have to cruise sometime after the semester ends.[

For sure. Hit me up

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

You're like 10 minutes away from my summer home. We'll have to cruise sometime after the semester ends.
For sure. Hit me up
Of course, I'll have to figure out why my bike doesn't want to idle, but hopefully I'll get that done in the next couple weeks.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Welcome OP!

Welcome!

I end up at EAA every year too. Kind of hard not to since I live here and have done work for EAA through college.

Saw a 250 parked today and couldn't help but think of mine that I sold. There was something fun about it that you don't get with the bigger bikes. Also, it was very nice to not have to worry about speed. Now I look down sometimes after coming otut of 2nd gear and think "oh shit!!", however, I do not miss almost redlining on the freeway with the 250.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome OP!

I end up at EAA every year too. Kind of hard not to since I live here and have done work for EAA through college.

Saw a 250 parked today and couldn't help but think of mine that I sold. There was something fun about it that you don't get with the bigger bikes. Also, it was very nice to not have to worry about speed. Now I look down sometimes after coming otut of 2nd gear and think "oh shit!!", however, I do not miss almost redlining on the freeway with the 250.
Yeah, some of the hills in canada were rough on the 250, had to shift into 4 or 5 sometimes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts