Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After a long, cold winter, it's time to shake off the cobwebs and relearn what you already know!

The streets and roads are still full of gravel and potholes, and drivers that are not used to seeing you, but the track is smooth, clean and ready to roll.:devious

Need some instruction?
The track is the place to find it. If you want to learn how to ride the way your bike was designed to be ridden, the track is by far the best place to do it.

You have a bike, but you not sure it's ready for the track or for some reason you don't want to bring it to the track? No problem

TPM now has rental bikes!
Team Promotion

You see, you really don't have an excuse to not go now, do you? You've always wanted to go, why else would you have gotten a Ninja?

I'm planning on going to either NCbike or NJMP the weekend of 4-18, 4-19, conditions permitting .

I'll be at CSS at NJMP on 5-22 doing level 3
I believe CSS has the best training for the money, but the ART program that TPM runs is pretty good as well. I've heard that Penguin has good training as well, but I've never been to one of their track days yet.

If anyone wants to arrange transportation (ride share) from the NOVA area, let me know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cdmpkuQQDk

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Awesome wish I could join. I was planning on doing cmp 4/18 but I don't know anyone going do maybe I would do NC bike instead. Would love to meet a few ppl from the forum.

What group do you ride in? I'm still a novice guy :)

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Nice!

I was planning to do 4/26 at NJMP with ACE....havent paid for it yet though...

·
Registered
178 Posts
yeah i'm ready.
yeah it's that time of year.- survived another winter.
Aragon this month -yee ha!
Portimao Next month - yippee!
plus whatever comes up I can get in on :)

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, I've signed up for NCbike on the 19th. The NJMP that Sunday is a car/ motorcycle mix, so I'm going to head south instead.

I'm generally in yellow group. Hope to see you there!

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Wait yellow group is which one again?

·
Registered
8,196 Posts
Sure everyone knows my story.

ACS Fontana. With Fastrackriders, on Friday April 24th. TOTAL EPICNESS!!! There will be a WHOLE bunch of people from 2 different forums doing RDS and their first track day. I am proud to be one of those peeps. A lot of my friends will be doing their first track day too. Real shit!:yumyum::yumyum::yumyum::yumyum:

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Wait yellow group is which one again?

If you have never been to the track, sign up for ART course. If you have been to the track but have not taken a course, take the ART course. Depending on the number of people there, white and yellow may be combined.

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
I agree with this... Art course is very good. I've done it twice.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Our local club (MCRA) has their first event at Putnam Park April 18, there are Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced groups, along with two races each on Saturday and Sunday. There are a few members of this forum that have gone in prior years.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Just a quick clarification on what Yellow group is. On days that are close to being sold out TPM will run a Yellow group to thin out the amount of riders on the track. It is a combination of more experienced Novice riders along with riders recently promoted to Intermediate. Black Group is only run on GPMoto days.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks like Saturday has opened up (no longer sold out), so I signed up for that as well! So I'm hoping to be there the whole weekend.:)

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Im deciding between this and CMP with Xact motorsports. I was hoping I would hear from Drums to see if he was going. I think he rides with that org.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
why did you just give me the bad news that nc bike is sold out on the 18th... lol

i've never CSS done but I really like attending Penguin Racing School. Eric Wood is a great instructor. $550 for two days is awesome.

Reactions: Off Camber

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
why did you just give me the bad news that nc bike is sold out on the 18th... lol

i've never CSS done but I really like attending Penguin Racing School. Eric Wood is a great instructor. $550 for two days is awesome.
I checked TPM's website and Saturday opened up! I wouldn't wait too long if you are considering going.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah i'm ready.
yeah it's that time of year.- survived another winter.
Aragon this month -yee ha!
Portimao Next month - yippee!
plus whatever comes up I can get in on :)
Must be cool to approach a turn, and think "how did Rossi do it here?"

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Im deciding between this and CMP with Xact motorsports. I was hoping I would hear from Drums to see if he was going. I think he rides with that org.

Looks like I'll be there both days. If you go to NCbike, look for a Old Slow Guy in a white Silverado towing a white 16 foot toy hauler with a black Ninja 636.

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Hope to see you at another day. I am going to opt for CMP this weekend since its about 75 bucks cheaper.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sounds good, have a great time!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts