Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm the white/red/black bike. The video was taken by a buddy of mine. Here is the breakdown of what happened.

The race before (ASRA national SuperStock) I had gotten 5th and had a best lap of 1:16:02, my best lap before this weekend being somewhere along 1:19:35, a major improvement. I had completely redone my front brakes and was able to brake later and more comfortably. The guy in front of me in this video (yellow leathers) was slower than me and I wanted to get around him on the out-lap so I would have a better chance at catching my buddy Chris and getting podium. The race prior, I had passed this same guy, at around the same speed, in the same corner, in the same way. The problem that happened was, possibly due to me passing him the race before, he changed his brake marker and was braking far later than I anticipated. This gave me two choices. Option 1: Keep going in hot, stuff him, and make my turn. This would have almost certainly made him go off track. Most of my racing buddies say this is what I should have done but I couldn't have me causing someone else serious injury on my conscience and he was an older gentleman, increasing his likelihood for serious or long term injury. Option 2: Grab a handful of brake and see what happens, trying to scrub off enough speed to get behind him and dump it into the turn. Needless to say, I chose option 2. If you look closely at the video, you'll see my rear tire come up. By the time I was able to set it down, my tires were off center and it was over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErAFNCowQOo

·
Super Moderator
12,475 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry to hear that. Any injuries? How is the bike?

jimundascores
The bike is good, just some smashed front plastics that I can repair over the winter. As for myself, I may have a fractured lower rib on my left side but there isn't much they can do about it so I'm taking it easy and just letting it heal on it's own. I have some other pains and bruises but nothing major.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sucks. Wishing you a month of no coughs, sneezes or laughter.

Makes me hungry for some ribs.

jimundascores
I'm hoping it's just deeply bruised. It still hurts a shitload but it seems to be getting very slightly better every day, which makes me think it isn't badly cracked. I want to be able to do Barber in a few weeks :(

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
Thanks for not stuffing the old guy. Looks like you were going in way too hot on him, maybe if you went to the outside you would have got him. My last race weekend someone called me an elderly man, right after I won. :) I've never been referred to with that term before (at least not within earshot). :)

·
Registered
17,962 Posts
Well it's good that you're not hurt to bad. ..old guys always getting in the way huh...

Reactions: ZZRJo
1 - 10 of 10 Posts