Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy new side marker bulbs for the bike. These "projector" led bulbs seem to be the new big thing with a little lens over the led/leds. I'm unsure if they will be beneficial since the housing is already designed to reflect the light projected in all directions from the original bulb.

Can anyone who has used these projector led bulbs recommend them or not?

Here's a link if you don't know what I'm talking about.

Product info - Light Depot Canada HID Kits & LED Lighting Store Toronto - 2 x High Power 194 168 LED Bulbs With Projector Lens

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Are you talking about the little running lights in the head lights? If so I got some 194 leds from auto zone and they are holding up really well. And they where a little bit cheaper.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
I got some as well. Cops don't seem to be too happy with red but I haven't been cited yet. They say it mimics the police lights. I dunno how they figure that but just something to think about.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've currently been riding with some red led side marker lights but one crapped out on me so I need to replace. I'm really just trying to figure out if the projector led side markers are any good or just get regular led bulb.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I have a set of those on my 13 and I like the way they look compared to others I've tried.But for that price you can buy a couple of them off EBay I think I paid like under two bucks for 2 on a auction bid. But for sure always buy spares. I bet you can still get a set of 4 or 6 and still be Cheaper than $25bucks.

Reactions: astcyr17

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a set of those on my 13 and I like the way they look compared to others I've tried.But for that price you can buy a couple of them off EBay I think I paid like under two bucks for 2 on a auction bid. But for sure always buy spares. I bet you can still get a set of 4 or 6 and still be Cheaper than $25bucks.
Were they similar to the ones I listed or did they have other leds off the side of the bulb as well?

https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...4-led-bulb--10-smd-led-wedge-base-tower/1701/

·
Registered
314 Posts
Were they similar to the ones I listed or did they have other leds off the side of the bulb as well?

https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...4-led-bulb--10-smd-led-wedge-base-tower/1701/
These are the ones I've tried The ones Circled in White are the ones I am using now and pictured with my bike key on about two feet from the garage door, picture is with flash on then off. Now the ones circled in Red were to me the Brightest and I would have kept but for some reason they started to melt Could have been my 55w Hids not sure but they got too hot in my opinion but they looked good even reflected to the side of the road when I had chrome reflectors. I have since then changed to 35w Hids. The ones circled in Blue were Ok but looked cheap if we're to see them off and up close. Now the ones circled in Yellow I can not say what and how bright they look as I have not even tried them.
NOW PLEASE NOTE I DO NOT HAVE THE CHROME IN MY HEADLIGHTS so they are not as Bright as they would be in a Stock Headlight They will look brighter in yours & look even better.

Attachments

Reactions: astcyr17

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the link to that site Erelyes, and thanks for the valuable info Pcervant136R. Definitely gunna order some projectors with some chips off the side for reflection off the chrome in my headlight!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts