Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That was the first thing I took off of my bike. That thing is at least 3 pounds.

Today I got my solo seat cowl and it is lighter than the passenger seat too. Every little bit counts.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I keep mine in there, its come in handy a few times.. unless your racing, weight does not really matter.. Hell it will always be lighter then a TLR/TLS:laugh

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hmm. yall are making me consider putting it back. I'm guessing what can really go wrong, but my imagination alludes me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
well it believe it or not its helped my friends out more than me. I helped me get out of a jam one day. I was riding and all of the sudden I started blowing my turn signal fuses. I pulled the front fairings off found that the front turn signal neutral had pushed up and was being grounded out. anyways im glad i had it

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
yeah i carry mine cause my luck the day i take it out is the day i'll need it.. and i always ride solo but usually not too far from home

then again i dont kno jack about repairs so even if i did need it, dont kno if you i could. anybody know a good book or website teach me some basic sportbike mechanics?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
lose the can and the cat thats at least 17 pounds also keep the kit in there you may need it to fix the bike or use it to go upside someones head, alot of ppl use helmets but that cost too much so keep the tool kit handy

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i took mine out, but only cause that's where the pcIII goes. i'd rather have left it, but for now i just hope nothing happens
I have a solo seat cowl and it has some headroom above the bracket inside. I am going to try to ziptie the toolkit to the top of the bracket in the space between it and the top of the cowl to see if it will fit there.

This would be the solution for when I get my PC. But yeah, there is no way the toolkit will fit with a PC

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
^^ I think it has to lay down in the middle.

And, oh, my little ziptie trick with the solo seat cowl doesn't work. The kit is too big.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts