Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I need some advice and help with an odd noise that I have noticed, I had a spill about 2 months ago and it was another month after that, that I got my Bike back. The damage was only cosmetic except for a crack on the stator cover that leaked oil. but ever since i got the bike back I've noticed a whistling sound while coasting at low speed in 1st or 2nd gear and the clutch pulled in completely, its more clear when the bike has been warmed up to about 80 Celsius and the bike is in motion, however when stationary and playing with the clutch lever, i can recreate the sound too, i first suspected that it would be the output shaft on the gearbox, but the noise is there even with the bike standing still. Hope some of you more experienced guys could help me out here. I meticulously clean my bike weekly and my chain is always clean, lubed up and set up to the optimum slack, i don't do track days at all and i commute with my bike daily.

·
Registered
628 Posts
It may be that your stator is going out. I had a whistling noise coming from that area that I could recreate and when it went away on its own it's because my stator was fried. If you can get some audio that would help us too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
will try and get you guys a decent audio clip of the noise as soon as possible, really hope its not the stator going, will cost quite a bit to sort that out

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ive tried to get a half decent audio clip of the sound but I cant get the damn microphone to pick up the noise in question, if it helps, while standing still and pulling in the clutch all the way, it makes the whistling noise for maybe a second or so and goes quiet again, I suspect it could come from the clutch pack itself, I have zero experience with the clutches on bikes so I dont want to go scratching where there is no itch unless I really have to

1 - 5 of 5 Posts