Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just about to buy a decent repair/maintenance manual for my ZX-6R and have found 2 and have no idea which to get:

1. Haynes - user freindly lay-out (from experience) and 240 pages
2. Clymer Workshop Manual - never used one but at 640 pages I assume it must be better........or just more complex!!

Anyone used either and can help decide? - am havingto buy on-line as can't find the Clymer one in a bookshop to look over.

Ta! :confused

·
Registered
617 Posts
Niether....get yourself a factory manual, you can view it in the file vault. Best there is,tells you everything you need to know.:thumbup

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Top banana........I am a novice rider with all this experience only a few keytaps away! Apreciated!

:banana:

Stu

·
Registered
17 Posts
yes mate, some years ago i made the mistake of buying a genuine kawasaki workshop manual for £40 bloody quid, and it is for a trained kawasaki mechanic, so unless you are totally familiar withe the workings its not really much good. i would suggest buying a haynes idiot friendly one maybe. my m8 ed' has bought one on disc from ebay i think, and u can just print out the pages u need for what u r working on, and or brings his laptop to my workshop when we wan to do something to his bike, thats what i would do nxt time.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
i got the CDRom from Ebay, good enough for my needs. Just print off what i need, when i need it. Cheap too!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have downloaded the manual from the file vault and it seems to cover pretty much everything although its very techy for a bike novice like me (I can strip and rebuild a mini but bikes are a different thing!) so might look out for a cheap haynes book/CDRom to ease me into it until I feel more confident!

Thanks again for all the help guys!

:hail

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Yep, I think you'll find the factory manual the best. It can't hurt to have both, but always read the factory manual as it will often have bits of info the others won't and its not unheard of for the others to have a few typo's that could cost you $$.

have fun

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I must admit I only notcied that on second glance - a definite plus - I notice on car manuals (Haynes et al) they tend to specify general torque settings by range rather than as specific as the factory shop manual. Looking better all the time and its free! :devious

1 - 14 of 14 Posts