Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
My suggestion? Buy a bike that fits your style, and do whatever you want to the engine. Unless you are a serious race junky who needs every 1000th of a second, just get the bike that looks good to you.

·
Registered
518 Posts
i would just get a fuckin rocket bro.. wayyy faster than bikes and sitting on them is just like sittin on these bikes

·
Registered
441 Posts
what is a "jumper mod"?
Do a search, there are plenty of topics on it. It's only for the 05-08 zx6r, so if you are planning on getting one of those, it may be beneficial for you to look.

·
Super Moderator
12,246 Posts

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
These are all excellent bikes. They get progressively better components with each generation really. And ALL of them will offer more performance than 99% of the riders out there can use.

My suggestion would be to try sitting on one from each generation to see how it fits you. Pick the generation that is closest to what feels good to you. Your going to have to fine tune the fit no matter which one you get but this will let you put off buying new controls the longest.

Next see if you like the look of it. No matter how great the performance if you hate looking at the bike you won't be proud of it. You will resent spending money on it. In the end you won't like it. Motorcycles are a far more emotional choice than a rational one for everyone except the professional racer.

And finally you can tune them to fix almost any flaw you might think it has. Thats the point of moding them anyway. To change what you don't think is perfect.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What they are trying to tell you to do is go to wally world, get yourself a huffy, order some zx6r stickers and slap em all over that bad boy and your done. At least that's what I perceive the community here is trying to say. Honestly just buy one, I was lucky and had good credit, so all I had to do is go to the dealership and sit on mine, I knew then I'd be riding it home. Haven't had any regrets. Except maybe finding this website....

·
Registered
323 Posts
I'll remember to never ask this type of question around here lol.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Buy for looks and your budget.

Put about 2g aside for mods and better riding gear.

I spent 4g on the bike purchase, and easy the same amount on gear and upgrades (leather suit was 2g, Boots 300, Gloves 130, brake pads 140, SS lines 130, Chain 100, Sprockets 100, Int Tail Light 80, Euro Style Turn Signals 50, Tidy Tail 30, Tech Spec Gripsters 60, Paintjob to get Gas Tank black 150)... it adds up over time.
Plus 350 for Custom Decals printed.

Still need rearsets (550) and Scott's Steering Damper (500).

Next Winter I will send in the headlights to get HID projectors with Demon eyes and CCFLs/Halos installed and all the switches wired up, ready to plug in and go.

Unless you go for WERA or any other big race series, why so picky on specs...
I'd only gain a second here or there with an 09 or 13 compared to my 06. But I do gain a lot more with the 06 compared to my 01.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Perfomance is so close that it doesnt matter. At the end of the day get the one that is most comfortable if you plan on commuting. I say sit on one of each many times. I like to make braaaaaaap noises and wot the throttle when imlooking to buy !

21 - 40 of 41 Posts