Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys

i'm in the process of deciding which model (year) i should go for..
are the 636 models automatically the beste and fastest bikes in the lineup?

thx for any info on this subject!:)

·
Registered
266 Posts
The '13s have a little bit more pickup than the 09-12 but it's not a massive difference. I'd say anything from the 2009 model to the new '13's have the most pickup in the zx6r lineup. The old 636's are faster than the 07-08 Zx6r's but I'm not sure how they compare to the new bikes.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Well this could start a shit storm..... :popcorn:

OP, the fastest bikes are the ones operated by the fastest rider. Has little to do with the bike its self. All the bikes are with in tenths of seconds on one another, splitting hairs really. Just comes down to skill, knowledge, and a wee bit of luck sometimes.

·
Super Moderator
12,277 Posts
My 05 is a friggin beast.
I am not.
I don't think I could go much/any faster on a "faster" bike.

Ey3

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey fellas whats all the fuzz about?
i just wanted to know which model is the beste performance wise or from a technical standpoint..

i know that at the end of the day it all comes down to the rider's skill...but that wasn't my question...

·
Registered
4,139 Posts

·
Registered
11,985 Posts
do you think kawasaki was like "man we made a really good bike last year.. lets use all of our research and advancements in technology to create a shitty bike for next year's model."

·
Registered
461 Posts
from all the bikes ive rode and its alot because i work at a shop there isnt much power diff between any of the top selling 600cc bikes i think maybe a few hp but once every bike gets modded that number varies greatly. id keep my 07 anyday after the gains ive got from the mods and tuning ive done to it. im sure others feel the same way

·
Registered
7,490 Posts
Extremely vague questions...

"Fastest" as in top speed, acceleration or lap times around a track?

"Best performance wise or from a technical standpoint?"--well expound on what you are after, I suppose you could argue fuel injection is more advanced than carburetors, thus more "technical". But does that make the bike any faster or easier to ride?
I suppose you could argue that BPF are more technical than inverted forks or regular damper rod forks. Again does that make it better?-Is your experience on the bike going to be noticeably different, better or worse?

Most of the magazine rags have comparison tests, go do some research and let us know what you discover for top speed, braking, 1/4 mile times/speeds etc.........

But my opinion, who cares, A superb rider can ride an inferior bike far faster in any condition than an inferior rider on a superior bike.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts