Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to the service manual my antifreeze should be green in color and contains ethylene glycol plus corrosion and rust inhibitor chemicals for aluminum engines and radiators, mixed soft wather ratio 50% 50% coolant, freezing point -35C.
Which do you use and what would you recommend.:):D:

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
I run regular 50/50 mix because I get it free from my sho, but I really want to switch over to the Evans waterless stuff soon.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I run regular 50/50 mix because I get it free from my sho, but I really want to switch over to the Evans waterless stuff soon.

You think it's Evans waterless appropriate for my zx6r from 2006,do you think that will not harm engine because it is not by Manuel?

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
You can run water wetter/distilled water, engine ice, etc... But what is your reasoning behind NOT using a regular 50/50 mix? Does your bike run too hot? Are you racing?

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
50/50 from auto zone and a little mix of water wetter.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Water wetter with distilled water. But that's because in my racing organization, the CMRA, we cannot use ethylene glycol based coolants.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Engine ice.

·
Registered
13,660 Posts
According to the service manual my antifreeze should be green in color and contains ethylene glycol plus corrosion and rust inhibitor chemicals for aluminum engines and radiators, mixed soft wather ratio 50% 50% coolant, freezing point -35C.
Which do you use and what would you recommend.:):D:
Most auto parts stores in the US, carry engine coolant that is pre-mixed, using the proper ratio of ethelyene glycol, rust inhibitors, etc. The water used for this is already 'soft' (low mineral content). It is fairly easy to get coolant that is safe for aluminum engines -- the concern there is that the coolant is silica free. That stuff will wear out the seals in the water pump.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You can run water wetter/distilled water, engine ice, etc... But what is your reasoning behind NOT using a regular 50/50 mix? Does your bike run too hot? Are you racing?

No,no racing .I'm just asking because I have to change soon coolant from the system, so what would you recommend to pour.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts