Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this guy at a bike shop told me that 36/42 was too high, and that I should run it at 32psi both wheels.

what pressure should i have my CorsaIII's at?

·
Registered
956 Posts
OMG your not dead yet!.. LOL damn thats some rock hard tires you got there!

28 to 30-front, 28 to 32 Rear depending on weather & Temp. This is for max grip not milage

32psi is good for the street!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh S#$%! too hard meaning the tires would slip right from under me? WOW, thanks for forums like this...i figured i was doing the right thing because it's what the manual says. Maybe that was for stock tires?

ok, so 32 is GOOD!? Thanks!

·
Registered
956 Posts
I mean as long as you don't lean over very far and put too much stress on the tire your not going to crash or any thing and you will get 50,000 miles on the tire! LOL.. but if you find your self aggressively riding or in a panic situation your going down with tires that hard.

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
i run 40f & 40r on my brdgstone bt14's, and they stick like glue and i ride pretty hard on the streets and i learned that my tires last alot longer to

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
the bike shop around here puts em at 37 front and 38 rear

·
Registered
956 Posts
The tire has to flex to build up heat and at 35+psi your tire will not get that hot. you will get better mileage but your losing a ton of grip.

If your using A softer street sport tire you need the heat and the only way your going to get it is to lower the psi to below 33psi.

If your running some high mileage street/touring tire then I guess 38 to 40 psi is OK.

If you don't ever slide the I guess it's OK too but I'd never put more than 33psi in a sport bike tire.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I checked mine the other week 'cos it was feeling weird, the back end was squirming around a lot. I had 32 front and 33 rear, according to the book it should be 36/41, set it to those pressures and it felt so much better.
I think low pressures are fine for the track as you're generating more consistent heat.

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
does the tyre pressure depend on what tyre ya running or is just a general accross the board pressures?

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
i think it depends on the tire. Also from what i read...
on the track its ideal to have the pressure set at 30-34 and for street riding 38-44ish. Also depending on your tire... track oriented tires i belive are ment to flex more to put more contact area on the track and thus the lower pressure... for more street oriented tires/riding i read that the higher pressure is better for milage and the such.

I am not a very experiance rider so i dont know for sure... just what i have found out on my own

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
im running ct's and they are 37 front and 39 rear and i ride the twisties 3 to 4 days a week on the way home and they are grippin fine and turn in great just a touch bumpy so might drop them a touch and see if i can tell the diff

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
i run my 2ct's at 36/36 on the road with no problem, but i want the mileage as i do a lot of fast miles on them, on the track i do lower them down to the low thirties for the track

·
Registered
956 Posts
It totally depends on the tire! Some touring tires would feel real weird at 32psi.

I am just so used to a soft tire that when I get on a bike with more then 35psi I feel like I'm on rocks!

It's just my personal feel I guess!

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
yeah i think it is down to what ur comfortable with and wherther ur after grip or mileage, i've always run them at 36/36 and never had a problem with grip and get a fair few miles , i did try 36/42 after looking in the owners manuel and i low sided on a roundabout :banghead

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
good info guys!

i guess i should be a little more specific...i'm running corsa III's. so, yeah, does it matter which tire?

so the consenses seems to be more psi for street, and less for track...makes sense.

thx!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts